"Boxing vs Kickboxing" fights in MMA

<WellThere>

Haha, fair enough.

But you did say fighters who were known for their boxing...and I trusted the "professional" commentating of Bellator when they said the "Irish Hurricane" was a pro-boxer

And to play Devil's advocate, if pro records matter then what about the Irish guy in your list?

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/802658

Just sayin'
<NoneOfMy>
That irish guy is undefeated as a pro boxer

In MMA, I generally favor the boxer because sometimes people are more hesitant to throw wild kicks and even leg kicks if they fear a takedown.

And many times the hands make the difference, as I've stated in one of my threads.

If you want to see an actual kickboxer vs an actual boxer, watch Le Banner - Botha

You can add masvidal - thompson to that list @ ufc 217

true. However, Holly doesn't really fight like a boxer. her style looks much more like a kickboxer or even a karateka: she punches in straight line, the ish ish and such.
Yep, she fought in a very weak division in boxing, she wouldn't have the same success these days. She isn't good - I still don't understand the love for her.

The boxer vs. kickboxer issue is almost always decided by who can establish the range. If the kickboxer can keep the fight at kicking range, he usually wins. If the boxer can get inside into punching range, he usually wins. However, there is no true boxer vs. kickboxer in MMA. All these MMA "boxers" understand how to deal with kicks. Even the ones who don't usually check low kicks have become used to absorbing them. Your typical boxer is going to get chopped down.

Anderson vs Belfort, though Vitor did start getting some KOs via kicks around that time.

Oh, and Cormier vs. Jones.

While Machida is more of a karate guy, I think you could call Machida vs. Mousasi a kickboxing vs. boxing match.

Yep, she fought in a very weak division in boxing, she wouldn't have the same success these days. She isn't good - I still don't understand the love for her.
She exposed Ronda Fraud of the Century Rousey (according to Ronda haters @Meaningful Gregory )

Unlike Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling and BJJ - boxing is financially a viable career, especially for world level guys.

Youre not going to find the best boxers fighting in MMA, we get the the old shlubs.

All the steriods and top tier coaching in the world couldn't make your overhyped talentless fraud competitive in today's WMMA era.
I don't normally make steroid accusations, but if you're going to accuse Ronda then what about the girls who beat her (and some of the ones she beat)? Ronda sure isn't the most suspect... lol

I don't normally make steroid accusations, but if you're going to accuse Ronda then what about the girls who beat her (and some of the ones she beat)? Ronda sure isn't the most suspect... lol

Your hater enterouge seems to like to accuse all the girls of doing steriods. If one does it...THEY ALL DO it.

She exposed Ronda Fraud of the Century Rousey (according to Ronda haters @Meaningful Gregory )
Well, of course. She stayed calm, cool and collected against someone who can't strike and a limited grappling game. Other than that, Holm has had really unmemorable and unspectacular fights barring the finishes of Rousey and Correia. She is a bad point fighter though, she got taught how to box from an mma coach (Winklejon); who is good, but not great.

Back