Boxing shoes?

Higus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations for boxing shoes? I've kickboxed before, but I'm looking to join a boxing gym near my place, so these are completely foreign to me.
Considering I'm a noob, I'd prefer to get a decent budget pair and upgrade later if necessary. Also, what should I look for in a decent pair?

Title or Ringside's budget pairs are okay, but you're probably best off getting a pair of Adidas or Asics wrestling shoes. They're very similar.

You can usually find pretty good deals on Asics wrestling shoes on the internet. I prefer Asics to Adidas for wrestling shoes (the Adidas I've tried have not fit well).

I bought Everlast boxing shoes almost a year ago when they were on clearance ($22 a pair) and have been surprised with how long they have lasted. They're pretty comfortable, too.

Adidas Box Hogs are a very decent budget pair in the UK, not sure how they're priced over there or the alternatives available in the US.

Title or Ringside's budget pairs are okay, but you're probably best off getting a pair of Adidas or Asics wrestling shoes. They're very similar.

This might be a dumb question, but what is the difference between wrestling shoes and boxing shoes?

This might be a dumb question, but what is the difference between wrestling shoes and boxing shoes?
The grip on the shoes. Either work for boxing, only wrestling shoes work for wrestling.

Adidas Box Hogs are a very decent budget pair in the UK, not sure how they're priced over there or the alternatives available in the US.

Hi, I have flat feet and I'm wondering if the adidas box hogs are wide enough to fit?

Heard Rival are good for wide feet. Reebok and Ringside diablo are pretty decent too.

Rivals are great for wide feet! I'm a big fan of them, they go on sale every so often and are pretty good quality.
I've seen people just wear converses in the ring so if that's you're style you could always give that a try.

Ueah the guerreros (rival) fit wide feet great. I made a review of them awhile back. Gotta dig around to find it though if you want to read it.

Reebok Buck boxing boots are the best out of hyper ko's and asics.

My friends PAC coloured Ko'a were not very durable.

My Asics shoes had no support for ankles.

Reebok Bucks fixed all that.

Back