Boxing looking better than UFC in 2017-18?

RicksonsGrip

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Boxing looking pretty good thanks to a string of bad decisions by UFC management:

• Let mcgregor get all the attention and completely overshadow everyother contender/champion/division
  • Let many top contenders leave the org
  • Believe mcgregor hype and let him go fight boxing in attempt to bring boxers to UFC, while in realness all he wanted was to fill his pockets and doesnt have the UFC best interest in mind
  • Did not strategically plan out a star replacement program, so now when ronda y done, jones in on steroids and mcgregor is going to boxing, you have 20% of your product left
As it stands right now, for the first time in years, mma fans may be shifting towards boxing, as the product they loved in on its way to self destruction

boxing is looking better, yes.

Boxing just has a higher international appeal. It has a more professional presentation.

Not this one.

Boxing, outside of their biggest fights, is boring as fuck to me.

Accidentally fucked up the time and got up too early to watch the prelims on the Conor Floyd fight

Sat here saying to myself,
People actually enjoy this shit?

Fuck boxing and their shitty rules and judging. Those pussies would get their asses handed to them by my high school wrestling team

For the last 60 some hours the topic of boxing being a crooked joke has been all over sports talk.

Not this one.

Boxing, outside of their biggest fights, is boring as fuck to me.
Thank you! Fuck Sherdog is fucking annoying. Come here to to talk some Don Frye or some cool shit and everyone's talking about Mike Perry or bitching...
If you don't like the quality of the fights, stop watching! MMA doesn't need you fairweather fucks! I'd rather get poked in the foot with a tooth pulled from the lock-jawed mouth of a crack whore than watch 12 full rounds of boxing. Jesus

Should be a great year of football, too. MMA is still the better sport though.

Nah. The UFC may be having a midling year, but speaking as a guy who came over this from watching boxing... I watched McGregor vs Mayweather and Canelo vs GGG and nothing in those two fights made me want to go back to watching boxing on the regular. Once we are rid of Bisping and McGregor either starts defending or gets out too fights should flow, new stars emerge and the future will be bright.

MMA is just so watered down nowadays. But it's not like boxing is constantly delivering fights like GGG vs Canelo either. Anyways, most (not to say all) MMA fights in recent memory pale in comparison to that fight.

Boxing committed suicide with GGG vs Canelo.

The rematch might not sell 250k ppv.

Boxing had it set itself up in perfect position to crown GGG as the face of boxing but boxing couldn't let a fixed fight opportunity pass them by.

Boxing looking pretty good thanks to a string of bad decisions by UFC management:

• Let mcgregor get all the attention and completely overshadow everyother contender/champion/division
  • Believe mcgregor hype and let him go fight boxing in attempt to bring boxers to UFC, while in realness all he wanted was to fill his pockets and doesnt have the UFC best interest in mind
  • Did not strategically plan out a star replacement program, so now when ronda y done, jones in on steroids and mcgregor is going to boxing, you have 20% of your product left
As it stands right now, for the first time in years, mma fans may be shifting towards boxing, as the product they loved in on its way to self destruction

Loma vs Rigo might be one of the highest skilled combat sports matchups of all time.

Don't forget Reebok deal

Have always watched both sports. Both sports have their share of problems and shit cards.

Back