Boxing clinch???

Manimal87

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey Guys... I know that clinching is part of boxing but not allowed when both just grab themselves. So basically my question is... Do you learn in boxing different clinch types and maybe a litte dirty boxing for self defence...generally thinga that are not allowed in the ring?

Clinch fighting has waned over the years. There was more of it long ago when the thumbs weren't attached to the gloves and the gloves were much smaller. Infighting is more of a thing still, but again, it was more nuanced before. And no, not because of the black and white footage that people feel romaticizes something in the viewer's mind. It's just a matter of truth when the sport was closer to its bare knuckle roots, more clinching and clinch-fighting was commonplace.

Best modern infighter that hand fights and is busy inside? Roberto Duran. Older ages? Dempsey, Greb. Tons.

Thanks for reply. So does it mean in boxing gyms the trainer doesnt teach clinch techniques or "dirty boxing" anymore?

I think if you have pro's or more experienced fighters in the gym they will tip you off for some cool tricks or you learn it the hard way when they use them against you.

Hey Guys... I know that clinching is part of boxing but not allowed when both just grab themselves. So basically my question is... Do you learn in boxing different clinch types and maybe a litte dirty boxing for self defence...generally thinga that are not allowed in the ring?
Before we get going here- clinching is not dirty or illegal. Its part of the sport and happens in 99.9999999% of boxing matches, so yeah, its a skill you need to learn.

Holding is illegal. Clinching is not.

Back