boxing, adding BJJ and TKW

sal90

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello there, I'm an amateur boxer (I don't compete anymore), and I train everyday from Monday to Saturday, two hours in the early afternoon: 30 minutes warming up and then techniques against an opponent or sparring.
Then I train before dinner at around 9pm my conditioning/strenght. I thought of doing two martial arts that I always liked, BJJ and TKW, I could do BJJ four times a week and TKW twice a week.

Do you think that just doing skill training and not lots of conditioning/strenght training is going to affect my boxing performances?

so..news I tried bjj, and I loved it!! As of now I'll leave teakwood for the future, definitely not now.

I want to boxe every day from Monday to Saturday, and the same goes for bjj.
As far I've been trained boxing in the morning and conditioning in the afternoon, so my new schedule would be, boxing in the morning and bjj in the afternoon.

Do you think it's detrimental for a boxer to switch his conditioning program to a martial art (grappling in this case)?
in the bjj class we just grapple, there is no real exercising. We try some techniques, and then we grapple for like 20 minutes.

Back