Media Boxer challenges sanda fighter

Interesting video.
I actually never heard of Sanda before legit had to google it up. Thought it was some type of Sambo or something

It's pretty much like Sambo, I don't really know the difference because I don't really follow any of them.

1- There are no joint locks or chokes in sanda
2- No knees in sanda, it's punches and kicks, including leg kicks
3- When you throw your opponent in Sanda you have to stay on your feet for the throw to count
4- Sanda fights are fought on an elevated surface

Pretty much it, also sanda is called sanshou only in the US for some reason. It's a really cool sport.

There is a sanda school in Dagestan where teenagers eat sleep study and train, the Abe Lincoln looking Dagestani (forgot his name) and Muslim salikhov come from it

also it's not as popular as it should in China itself who created the sport

While I honestly think it’s pretty interesting and fun to watch. I’ve got a funny experience with it lol…

There was a friend of a friend who came into our old mma gym back in the day who trained in sands/sanshou. He was a complete tool about it and wouldn’t shut up about how it was superior to the grappling and striking drills we were working (Bjj, muaythai etc.) constantly tried and correcting other students.
Well, it just so happens that he stuck around for the sparring class later that night….and well it turns out he was wrong

This is dumb as fuck. Why on earth do they fight on an elevated surface like that?

I think it's related to a tradition they have in Chinese martial arts but I'm not sure. Also it looks super cool ngl

I think it's related to a tradition they have in Chinese martial arts but I'm not sure. Also it looks super cool ngl

I mean, yeh, it looks cool, but not worth getting sent over the edge.

If it's just a flat plane they fight on with no ropes or cage, then just do it on the ground lol.

Yes sanda is very exciting. Love that rule set. Difficult to find though.

Terrible narration in the video.

This was a set up demonstration video.
It was mid-sparring and the boxer was pulling every punch by a few percent. Nevertheless, it seems accurate in a potential outcome.

That said, never under-estimate high end boxers.

Botha showed us that against leBanner

It was mid-sparring and the boxer was pulling every punch by a few percent.
Yeah, I'm sure that if he wasn't "pulling" his punches by "a few percent" he wouldn't have been taken down 35 fucking times, dude.

<Prem974>

It was mid-sparring and the boxer was pulling every punch by a few percent. Nevertheless, it seems accurate in a potential outcome.

That said, never under-estimate high end boxers.

Botha showed us that against leBanner

Never underestimate anyone anyway. That being said, boxers really can be helpless once the form of combat expands beyond just the use of hands. With a few exceptions of course (besides, cross-training is the key anyway).

A whole lot of those early professional kickboxers and nak muays fought in sanda events/tournaments just to stay busy and try to earn some money between their own sports events.
They're not really so dissimilar, imo. It think for KB/MT fighters sanda may actually be kinda fun.

1- There are no joint locks or chokes in sanda
2- No knees in sanda, it's punches and kicks, including leg kicks
3- When you throw your opponent in Sanda you have to stay on your feet for the throw to count
4- Sanda fights are fought on an elevated surface

Pretty much it, also sanda is called sanshou only in the US for some reason. It's a really cool sport.

There is a sanda school in Dagestan where teenagers eat sleep study and train, the Abe Lincoln looking Dagestani (forgot his name) and Muslim salikhov come from it

also it's not as popular as it should in China itself who created the sport

I thin in amateur you can go down with your opponent when you throw them you just get less points.

Sanda has an okay following where I live at now. Saw a tournament with some students involved and it was cool to watch.

Back