Both Stipe and DC are overrated, this guy will beat both

<{chips}>

Tried telling them
all these chumps running away from this thread like
giphy.gif

Alright, good performance for Volkov. I don't think I was wrong about his TDD so I still don't like his chances against Stipe/DC, but he still did very well and I was definitely wrong about the fight outcome.

Guy with most hw defenses is overrated...........

The past is the only place DC has a chance at ruining Volkov. Guy is like 46 years old or something.

Volkov is young big and skilled. TS is on to something here. I wouldn't sleep on this kid if I were you.
Well I can't talk too much shit about you...he got the win. Fair and square

The loss to NutCheick a couple years back killed a lot of my enthusiasm for him.

goood fight, but, <{hughesimpress}> clearly, he would get mauled by cain, starched by francis & ragdolled by stipe. but continue hyping your boy<Goldie11>

@Threetrees has been around for a long time... The guy knows MMA and might be the Real Mystic-Kid...

Wow, I REALLY didn't expect to see a thread on sherdog stating how someone who just won a fight is now by far the greatest ever and will be champ forever. . . .

The best HW isn't Stipe or Daniel Cormier

It's Alexander Volkan,

and it's not particularly close

Lets examine for a moment the records of these fighters

Cormier's HW resume is completely overrated
He beat Bigfoot, a jobber, Josh Barnett who had a broken hand and Frank Mir who he struggled with. I've heard people reference the idea that he's undefeated at HW like it's some kind accomplishment when he's never beaten anyone

then we look at Stipe, holy shit the most overrated resume I've ever seen
He's beaten a collection of older fighters, and then caught Francis Ngannou on the way up when Francis himself was a hype job. Stipe wouldn't hold a candle to a fighter in the golden age of MMA, show me a prime well rounded MMA fighter that Stipe's actually beaten.... don't worry, I'll wait

enter Volkov
Man this dude is being slept on, I don't see how he doesn't sleep Werdum
Witk Volkan its not the resume its the fights itself - when you know the fight game it's impossible not to resonate with what he's done
This dude will easily beat Werdum, then FINISH the winner of Stipe/DC
are you totally insane? ur a nutcase. Lanky Volkov has lost plenty of times and beaten no one, go back to sleep, u dumb lunatic

Wow, I REALLY didn't expect to see a thread on sherdog stating how someone who just won a fight is now by far the greatest ever and will be champ forever. . . .
Thread was made a week ago playboi.

Miocic did better against Werdum, when Werdum was younger and champ - - this win should not mean anything for Volkov either then - Volkov lost countless times, Minakov knocked his ass out - - Lanky Volkov is a nobody next to Goat Miocic, get a life loser

Volkov is great and I always saw tremendous potential in him if he learned to use his length, learn some TDD and fix his natural holes. Many passed him over, but loses to Minakov and vet savvy Kongo mean nothing for a prospect with the natural and physical gifts as he.

However, as great as I think he is, I think 'Volkov will be no different than Volkan' against a wrestler like DC or Stipe. If he was getting taken down at will by Werdum (who looked like shit even before he got in the cage), then you are in a fucksville versus DC.

literally the easiest "hole in your game" to fix.

He'll be fine after after this camp where he is training with some top level grappling guys.
Im not so sure about that. Sure, it can be sured up, but the best in the world all have 'holes in their game' while facing Khabib. There are guys that are just so good at something that no amount of time mending holes will help.......this is the question about Volkov, are his leaps going to be enough to help him versus a world class wrestler while he was being taken down by Werdum.

Back