Borrachinha fires back at Kelly Slater: "He better take care of his surfing"

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by iLikeBirds, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Brit_Brawler

Brit_Brawler Black Belt

Dude, I didn’t say surfing was easy and it wasn’t skillfull but Im pretty sure I’m not in the minority’s here- there are better athletes around than surfers.

2. bad seed

bad seed Gold Belt

can you stop adding that ugly banner to all your posts?

cigano, uberzuber and GIBLERTBAPTISTA like this.
  3. dembones22

dembones22 SOAKED IN THE BLOOD OF THE NON BELIEVERS, BELT

REIGNING DEFENDING - UNDISPUTED AND UNDEFEATED
    [​IMG]

<{1-9}> If I did, then I wouldn't get hilarious butt hurt responses like this!!

<Wink> Why did you think it was there for ??

cigano and Erratic like this.
  4. Hamm and Clov

Hamm and Clov Orange Belt

Pussy surfer? Surfing is MUCH more dangerous than mma, particularly at Slater’s level. He’s also one of the most dominant pro athletes in history.

5. caesar

caesar Brown Belt

This guy rides 20-30 metre waves, imagine turning around and seeing a mountain moving towards you, doesn't give a fuck about you, will tear you to fucking shreds in seconds, there's nothing 'pussy' about it.

You've obviously never surfed before,...one paddle into a wave like 'Mavericks' and you'll die of fear just by looking at the wave.

6. Naramie

Naramie Super Bash Brothers

Anomonis likes this.
  7. JayE

JayE Black Belt

I was pretty skeptical of Costa and remain so, but there is method beyond pure physicality. He has decent footwork, can walk through decent work, and has a nice punch selection both up and down (which is genuinely rare in MMA, I think). He can be hit by just about anything, which is a massive concern against real punchers, but there are a lot of top fighters who don't have that counter punching ability with power to take advantage of that. If he can keep fights standing (still largely to be seen against genuine grapplers at 85), then he can do real damage. Still, his career could be a short one considering he's never seen a punch he didn't like to eat.

cigano, Alxair and Gregoire1 like this.
  8. caesar

caesar Brown Belt

What about skateboarding, fringe sport? Last I checked, it's a multi million dollar industry, don't remember watching a skateboard pay per view, ever, so how can it be so popular if it's not on PPV?

So your logic is if a sport isn't on pay per view it's a fringe sport, therefore not many people do it, right?

That is absolutely retarded, which you clearly are.

9. ThulsaDooom

ThulsaDooom Brown Belt

What the fuck are you talking about.

Fans of this sport are such childish, hateful pieces of shit. No innocent until proven guilty for MMA fans.

I hope Paulo sees Kelly Slater and he slaps his old irrelevant ass.

10. PancraseForever

PancraseForever Brown Belt

What is going on here?

11. Nihongi

Nihongi Black Belt

Kelly Slater? Never heard of her.
    <FookIsThatGuy>

EvoIXDan, Brit_Brawler and Toco like this.
  12. Da Killa

Da Killa Green Belt

When someone who is being accused of taking PEDs answers “I’ve never tested positive” it rings an alarm to me, I will go so far as saying it’s a dead give away that they are on PEDs.

Accusing someone of illegal PED use, is not accusing them for having tested positive in a test, defending yourself with “I have never tested positive” is not really a defense, because we all know the tests can be beaten.

Imagine someone stole your wallet, someone looks suspicious in the room and you walk up to them and say “I think you stole my wallet” and they answer ...”you can’t prove that” instead of “I would never do that”. How much would you feel they are guilty.

Logan M and listrahtes like this.
  13. RafaelDosSantos

RafaelDosSantos Banned Banned

I could achieve Costa's physique on creatine, veggies potatoes, and grass-fed beef.

14. bigconan

bigconan Silver Belt

anyone who thinks surfing or skate boarding is even remotely close a bigger sport than mma is clearly delusional...skate boarding? haha get real...it's for kids and over grown kids...I don't even call it a sport...and surfing might be popular down in cali or hawaii, but the rest of the country, nobody gives a shit. When was the last time a group of people gathered around a tv to watch surfing? haha

Al3s likes this.
  15. bigconan

bigconan Silver Belt

we are talking about 2 different things...if you're talking about surfing being more popular as a leisure activity people do for fun, then maybe...but it no way is a larger professional sport...not even close.

bigmacbub and Al3s like this.
  16. Squintz

Squintz Black Belt

"I didn't saw what Kelly Slater wrote, but apparently he does not understand anything about MMA. I was tested eight times in 2018 only by USADA (American Anti-Doping Agency) - I was tied with Rafael dos Anjos in number of tests in the year, but now I surpassed it because I was tested before and after the fight. I don't think he should even know what USADA is. He better take care of his surfing, because he doesn't understand anything about fighting.''

Translation prepared by Mackenzie Dern.

17. Erratic

Erratic Purple Belt

I think i will take a big wave over fighting brock lesnar on live TV thanks

18. Alxair

Alxair Purple Belt

What has the world come to when we give surfers a platform to espouse their views? <{hughesimpress}>

Costa is suspect as fuck but innocent until proven otherwise.

19. ruberked

ruberked Blue Belt

No you wouldn't....ref would save you in the brock fight. Your lifeless corps would be ground into hamburger within seconds at teahupoo

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  20. DylanReda

DylanReda Blue Belt

Have you ever surfed a day in your life? You definitely need to be athletic. Id love to see you paddle and drop into 25 foot pipeline or 45 foot Mavericks. These guys train like professional athletes in the off season and he is one of the greatest athletes ever. 11 world titles, who else has done that in their respective sport? No one. How about you educate yourself before making stupid posts, and go paddle put for a couple hours and tell me how you feel the next day

TallGHunter and loump7 like this.