Bobby Green is Pretty Underrated....

That is true. But that's also part of the story. If I am being objective, I would also have to include that he had a razor close fight against who was back then the #5 guy in Thomson (albeit a close win, that's not easy against Josh), and he had an all stand up fight with the current #6 in Barboza and got beat clearly but hung in there which not every lightweight could do. The only thing that tells me is that he does have legitimate skils

He got the middle win over Thomson in his 3 fight losing streak in an insanely uneventful fight. It looked decent at the time but then Ferguson ran Thomson the fuck over and that win lost a bit of its luster.

"Hanging in there" with Barboza is commendable, but that's about it. Danny Castillo had done the same thing less than a year prior. Paul Felder went the distance with him less than a year later. Neither of those guys are going to be contenders any time soon.

Seriously he plays too much.
TemptingAlertAdamsstaghornedbeetle.gif
Can't believe that kick didn't knock him out lol.

And nice av dude, regular show rules lol

He got the middle win over Thomson in his 3 fight losing streak in an insanely uneventful fight. It looked decent at the time but then Ferguson ran Thomson the fuck over and that win lost a bit of its luster.

"Hanging in there" with Barboza is commendable, but that's about it. Danny Castillo had done the same thing less than a year prior. Paul Felder went the distance with him less than a year later. Neither of those guys are going to be contenders any time soon.
I see what you're saying and it's not wrong. I just feel like we could do that to every fighters resume and it would sound less impressive.

I mean look at Dos Anjos' last five wins.

• Jason High. Who?!?
  • Benson Henderson. Commendable, but was coming off being stopped by Pettis and having a SD over overrated Thomson who went on to lose three in a row.
  • Nate Diaz was injured and missed weight.
  • Anthony Pettis who's now lost 3 straight fights.
  • Donald Cerrone who according to sherdog "Has a glass body" and "chokes in big fights". Also notoriously bad in first rounds.
That's why sometimes I feel like I just rather observe what I can deduce from the skills themselves verses results and resumes (not that they are totally unimportant).

Can't believe that kick didn't knock him out lol.

And nice av dude, regular show rules lol
Looks like he caught him with the bottom of the calf instead of the heel, or Green would have woken up back in California

I see what you're saying and it's not wrong. I just feel like we could do that to every fighters resume and it would sound less impressive.

I mean look at Dos Anjos' last five wins.

• Jason High. Who?!?
  • Benson Henderson. Commendable, but was coming off being stopped by Pettis and having a SD over overrated Thomson who went on to lose three in a row.
  • Nate Diaz was injured and missed weight.
  • Anthony Pettis who's now lost 3 straight fights.
  • Donald Cerrone who according to sherdog "Has a glass body" and "chokes in big fights". Also notoriously bad in first rounds.
That's why sometimes I feel like I just rather observe what I can deduce from the skills themselves verses results and resumes (not that they are totally unimportant).

That's true, you absolutely can pick apart anyone's resume and make it seem worse than it is.

My point is that Green is not underrated though. He is a guy who has pulled out of more fights since joining the UFC than anyone in his division. When he takes a step up in competition, he doesn't pull the trigger. He's durable and tricky in there but that's where it ends. He isn't going to be a contender and he isn't underrated. His entire status in the division hangs on one awful fight with Thomson 2 years ago where he was lucky to get the decision. I only brought up the other fights Barboza has had to show that going the distance with him while getting fucked up really isn't anything to write him about.

Maybe if he actually fought instead of taunting he'd win more fights.

His fight with that Obama hating guy was awesome

I think part of it is that a lot of people thought he lost that Josh Thomson fight but the main thing is that he hasn't fought in a long time. Out of sight out of mind in this sport.

He's got the freak talent and durability, just doesn't have Fight IQ. There is no polish to his game and he's suffered from inactivity.

At his best the guy is absolutely a title contender.

Mistakes him for Will Brooks back on Bellator for some reason.

He could be underrated but he's also fighting a guy who I think is the dark horse of the LW division.

This. Less taunting, more working. The guy is very skilled but he gets outworked in seemingly every fight.

He matches up well with DDP, would not be surprised to see him get the win if his mind is right.

It took me a while to figure out DDP and I was like Diamond Dallas Page, wtf.

Maybe if he actually fought instead of taunting he'd win more fights.

His fight with that Obama hating guy was awesome
Yeah the Volkmann fight was fun as Hell. He had some fun ones in strikeforce as well.

Yeah the Volkmann fight was fun as Hell. He had some fun ones in strikeforce as well.
That's the guy, totally forgot his name. I love seeing the grinder wrestlers get submitted.

I've not really watched any of the old strikeforce stuff on FP, suppose I really should

That's the guy, totally forgot his name. I love seeing the grinder wrestlers get submitted.

I've not really watched any of the old strikeforce stuff on FP, suppose I really should
Bobby Green was actually a very good wrestler at Mizzou as well. You should, Strikeforce was great I miss it as a fan. He had a good fight with Cavalcante there among others.

He taunted a bit much in the Barboza fight for my liking, when your getting beat to the strike and wont stop making gestures instead of gettin back them cookies he just took from you, lame

He is fast and has good reflexes, not bad wrestling base. Does have good wins

He's got the freak talent and durability, just doesn't have Fight IQ. There is no polish to his game and he's suffered from inactivity.

At his best the guy is absolutely a title contender.

I agree, he's got the skill set, but he needs someone to train him on how to best use his strengths and make his weaknesses smaller. Jackson's seems to do that well, Melvin Guillard is another guy that I think mostly had the skills be a title contender but not the fight IQ, Jackson's got him close to title contention then he left and started losing a bunch. Overeem is probably fighting for the title now and I think Jackson's plays a big part in that.

Ts, check your thead's title, you totally mispelled annoying.

He also got kicked in the spine

spine_kick.gif

He's a tough sob. annoying, but tough.
Sheeit. Been awhile since I saw that fight guess I gotta go rematch it now. Man Boze is a terror on the feet.

Thanks for the gif @chunglii

Back