Blue Mountain State

This used to air on SpikeTV before and after UFC programming, and Chuck Liddell has a great cameo in one episode. That's how I found it. And I watched it all live and I've returned to it many times over the years. Easily one of the funniest sitcoms to premiere since 2000, if not the funniest. Just an absolute riot with so many insane characters and storylines. One of my favorite sitcom episodes ever is when Thad gets the C-word and they do the whole Memento spoof. Comedy gold. And yes, it's so awesome to see Alan Ritchson killing it now as Jack Reacher. Easily the funniest part of Blue Mountain State and very deserving of his stardom.

Is the show edited or missing episodes on Amazon and Netflix?

Sumofabich

Might watch it again now...

Sumofabich

Might watch it again now...
Watching it for the first time now. Halfway through the 3rd season. Each episode has about 25 instances where I am thinking "OH they couldn't show that today", "oh no way they'd write in a scene like that in an sitcom today".

Watching it for the first time now. Halfway through the 3rd season. Each episode has about 25 instances where I am thinking "OH they couldn't show that today", "oh no way they'd write in a scene like that in an sitcom today".
Lol ypu couldn't do that on TV then either mostly lol. That's what made the show so great they didn't give a fuck- you could do that pre cancel culture.

I loved watching this, and I remember the co-star (Shilo) ended up getting sentenced for some crime right after the first season, which I thought might get the showed canceled.

It's nice to see more people recognizing it on Netflix. It's been on free channels and Roku for years, so I guess there is some value to getting your show on that platform. It's like free advertising.

I always enjoyed the episodes that i saw of this series. it was always a pretty safe bet that there would be hot chicks in a state of relative undress, which never hurts.

For those of you that think it's over after the 3rd season... NOPE!

This just popped up in my Netflix feed:

Blue Mountain State: Rise of Thadland

The movie wasn't very good, sadly. The Entourage movie wasn't as good as the series, but at least it gave us a little more of the characters and their world. The BMS movie...it just stunk. More encouraging is the possibility of a "sequel" series, especially in the era of cancel culture: https://deadline.com/2024/02/blue-mountain-state-sequel-series-alan-ritchson-1235836035/

At this point, I hope that Ritchson keeps playing Reacher for many more seasons and gets some good movies under his belt as a leading man. Part of me thinks that going back to BMS would be a step backwards. Then again, if he can play Reacher and Thad at the same time, that'd be an awesome feat and I'd of course watch both 😁

The movie wasn't very good, sadly.
I had to stop watching because I got caught up with something else, but the first 10 minutes has totally delivered so far.
The Entourage movie wasn't as good as the series, but at least it gave us a little more of the characters and their world. The BMS movie...it just stunk. More encouraging is the possibility of a "sequel" series, especially in the era of cancel culture: https://deadline.com/2024/02/blue-mountain-state-sequel-series-alan-ritchson-1235836035/
Alright I'll check this website out.
At this point, I hope that Ritchson keeps playing Reacher for many more seasons and gets some good movies under his belt as a leading man.
Are these worth checking out? I have seen ZERO Reacher stuff.
Part of me thinks that going back to BMS would be a step backwards. Then again, if he can play Reacher and Thad at the same time, that'd be an awesome feat and I'd of course watch both 😁
oh yeah, after I watched the first season I knew this was the last of it's kind and just needed to enjoy it as much as possible. I don't see Alan returning to that role.

absolutely loved this show, especially season 1. Thad was classic. I also really liked the hispanic kicker guy. He always delivered the laughs.

I had to stop watching because I got caught up with something else, but the first 10 minutes has totally delivered so far.

I couldn't tell you a single plot point, and I don't recall a single scene. I just remember watching it when it came out and being thoroughly disappointed.

Are these worth checking out? I have seen ZERO Reacher stuff.

Have you read the books? If not and you're just looking for a cool show, then absolutely watch it. Ritchson is awesome and the action is great. If you have read the books, then also absolutely watch it, because Ritchson is a great Reacher and they've intelligently adapted the books to the single season format. In short: Yes, watch Reacher. It's awesome.

oh yeah, after I watched the first season I knew this was the last of it's kind and just needed to enjoy it as much as possible.

580-5808829_blue-mountain-state-gimme-hell-yeah-mug-png.png

I don't see Alan returning to that role.

I could see it. The real question is: What would the show be about? At this point, they'd all be in their 30s/40s. They couldn't even do an NFL show. Are they coaches/teachers at BMS now?

absolutely loved this show, especially season 1. Thad was classic. I also really liked the hispanic kicker guy. He always delivered the laughs.

Haha, Harmon the drug guy.

Back