Bloodborne, v4: New Content, Same Rage

Haha yeah I managed to keep him alive my last playthrough as well. Shame he doesn't have better dialogue. If you leave and come back he'll still be there IIRC.
Lol I almost lost him during the second phase when he shoots the blast that goes across the room. I barely turned him at the last second.
It was a total fluke for me. I looked over after the fight expecting him to be dead but there he was. I guess there isn't really anything like that in DS3, is there? Maybe in the DLC.

One of my proudest moments tbh.

I checked one of the last few things off of my Bloodborne bucket list. I kept the little corpse dude alive through the Ludwig fight!

zQt90gi.jpg

ZaxdvbY.jpg

kkjYNdM.jpg

Wtf, I never even saw that guy in my playthrough.

Cleared all bosses in about 10 hours. Feeling good enough to play through at BL4 again, this time possibly doing the DLC.

Got Doom coming today though and just picked up Until Dawn so it might be slow going.

Cleared all bosses in about 10 hours. Feeling good enough to play through at BL4 again, this time possibly doing the DLC.

Got Doom coming today though and just picked up Until Dawn so it might be slow going.
Very nice. I'm excited to see you do the DLC. You learn faster than I do so you can show me the way. lol

I tried Ludwig a few times but his phase two is just vicious. Maria and Orphan are going to be brutal as well.

Very nice. I'm excited to see you do the DLC. You learn faster than I do so you can show me the way. lol

I tried Ludwig a few times but his phase two is just vicious. Maria and Orphan are going to be brutal as well.
It's one of those things where I'm not even sure I can do it. Orphan scares me the most, especially because my riposte damage is going to be shit. I rely on that so much for Orphan and obviously Maria.

Last edited:
I played Bloodborne so many times that when my cousin from Australia came to visit me in September, i gave him the game because i couldn't stop playing it. Unfortunately, i was supposed to go there in January but i had a visa issue so i went last month and i finally got the game back and of course, i finally bought the DLC.

Long story short, i loved the DLC but i finished it in 5 hours and i felt i was just getting started. Considering the horror stories i've heard on Ludwig and the Orphan i was expecting to play the DLC at least a week so i was a little disappointed i finished it so quick as i've been anticipating playing it for months.

4 attempts on Ludwig, 13 on Laurence, 1 on the Living Failures and Maria and 14 attempts on the Orphan.

My first and third attempts at Ludwig i was two hits away but i ran out of blood vials.
As was the case with the main game, Amelia at NG was the boss i had the most difficulty with so it wasn't very surprising that the other Vicar was going to be a pain in the ass.
I didn't find the Orphan as difficult as advertised, sure his second phase is nasty but his first is relatively easy, after 5-6 attempts i wasn't using a single blood vial until he started his berserker rage so it was just a matter of not getting greedy and patiently waiting for his jumps so i can counter.

I would sell my kidneys for a sequel but somehow i doubt we're getting one.

Died to the crystal marijuana elementals in the Witches of Hemwick fight. Someone take away my PS4.

I haven't played in a couple of months, i was going for the platinum but defiled amygdala was giving me fits.

Died to the crystal marijuana elementals in the Witches of Hemwick fight. Someone take away my PS4.
Those things are no joke, especially the ones in the dungeons. There's a reason Tolo does the Witches with no insight. I've died to them as well.

I haven't played in a couple of months, i was going for the platinum but defiled amygdala was giving me fits.
Everyone always talks about the Watchdog in defiled but Amy is definitely worse, imo.

Watchdog is a chump if you're good with the whip.

Amy is a bitch no matter what.

I suck with the cane. I used the axe during my platinum run but the two cleavers are even better for Watchdog because of their bonus against beasts.

It took me two attempts on Defiled Watchdog, Threaded Cane is my favorite starting weapon so I've gotten a ton of practice in with it. The whip gives beast bonus damage as well. Controlling the distance and baiting his attacks is so easy with it.

Watchdog was a bitch for me to learn because of the one shot potential but Amygdala was easy as fuck. The key really is to bait the hand slam and beat on those fingers.

Everyone always talks about the Watchdog in defiled but Amy is definitely worse, imo.

I beat the Watchdog on 3 attempts if i remember correctly and probably tried Amygdala around 30 times. I only remember one time when i was very close to beating it. Think it would be worth levelling the shit out of my character to beat it? I'm on level 130 or something in ng+

I played Bloodborne so many times that when my cousin from Australia came to visit me in September, i gave him the game because i couldn't stop playing it. Unfortunately, i was supposed to go there in January but i had a visa issue so i went last month and i finally got the game back and of course, i finally bought the DLC.

Long story short, i loved the DLC but i finished it in 5 hours and i felt i was just getting started. Considering the horror stories i've heard on Ludwig and the Orphan i was expecting to play the DLC at least a week so i was a little disappointed i finished it so quick as i've been anticipating playing it for months.

4 attempts on Ludwig, 13 on Laurence, 1 on the Living Failures and Maria and 14 attempts on the Orphan.

My first and third attempts at Ludwig i was two hits away but i ran out of blood vials.
As was the case with the main game, Amelia at NG was the boss i had the most difficulty with so it wasn't very surprising that the other Vicar was going to be a pain in the ass.
I didn't find the Orphan as difficult as advertised, sure his second phase is nasty but his first is relatively easy, after 5-6 attempts i wasn't using a single blood vial until he started his berserker rage so it was just a matter of not getting greedy and patiently waiting for his jumps so i can counter.

I would sell my kidneys for a sequel but somehow i doubt we're getting one.

The hardest fight in the dlc is no boss, but when we all had to fight those twin bastard shark things for the Rakuyo for the first time.

Those things are no joke, especially the ones in the dungeons. There's a reason Tolo does the Witches with no insight. I've died to them as well.
I spent my insight but then when you discover the boss you're given more lol

Back