Blizzard Entertainment: You think you do, but you don't...

I'd rather see them work on making retail wow better instead of wasting time on this shit.

Blizzard makes good games and lots of money.

But lets not act like they have EVER been good at listening to consumer feedback.

Half their online games are broken unbalanced shit and they give no fucks as long as the money comes in.

If only 5% did, that's enough to pay for at least a single server, and the staff required to run it.

And how many of the 8 million subscribers would be willing to play on those servers, if 100,000 people are willing to install programs, modify files, etc just to log on and play?

Server and support and bullshit from entitled dudes. The juice isn't worth the squeeze. You're being ridiculous, 5k users couldn't support shit. You aren't even adding subscribers, they are already paying you. And if you added a second vanilla subscription then there would be screams of boycott, greedy.

If I had 8 million subscribers I would not want to have this on my horizon in anyway.

Half their online games are broken unbalanced shit and they give no fucks as long as the money comes in.

True but I can't think of almost any game where someone isn't screaming about it being unbalanced. Seriously not one.

True but I can't think of almost any game where someone isn't screaming about it being unbalanced. Seriously not one.

Yeah gamers are a whiny bunch. but speaking from experience their balancing sucks dicks.

Heroes of the storm still has characters that are borderline uselss and ones that are stupidly op.

Hearthstone has had absurdly fucked up balancing since beta, and that was in 2013. Still no 2v2 mode, guilds/clans, and many other BASIC features. And that's become the most popular digital ccg out there.

As a card game player HS is the one that really frustrates me. The scaling of value to mana spent is absurd and favors aggro waaaaay too much. And every expansion they rotate 1-2 new classes into Stupidly Overpowered territory, while 2-3 other classes rotate to Borderline Unplayable.

And despite the fact everything is digital, they NEVER buff any cards and nerf off of what is bitched about the most, and even then extremely slowly.

Paladin stayed stupidly cheesy until they made standard and wild modes just to have somewhere to shove their OP cards. Shaman has been on a reign of terror that will last until their op bullshit rotates out of standard. And the new expansion gave hunter and paladin zero playable decks.

DOTA. The recent patches are hailed as being near perfectly balanced. With over a 100 heroes to play that is an amazing feat.

DOTA. The recent patches are hailed as being near perfectly balanced. With over a 100 heroes to play that is an amazing feat.
DOTA 1 or 2? Already found threads for 2 being unbalanced DOTA 1 might take some more time but I'm sure I can find it.

Dota2 is viewed as the biggest success story when it comes to balancing for competitive play.

And yet there are still people whining about balancing issues. Like I said you can find it for nearly every game ever. It's just the way it is. I've been playing games online for like 16 years and people have been bitching about balancing in every game I played.

And yet there are still people whining about balancing issues. Like I said you can find it for nearly every game ever. It's just the way it is. I've been playing games online for like 16 years and people have been bitching about balancing in every game I played.
People whine, but that doesn't mean it isn't balanced. DOTA is always evolving, witch significant patches every few months, so sometimes a character will become stronger in a certain patch but the devs are usually quick to address any issues.

And for whatever reason, people love to complain about things they enjoy.

Server and support and bullshit from entitled dudes. The juice isn't worth the squeeze. You're being ridiculous, 5k users couldn't support shit. You aren't even adding subscribers, they are already paying you. And if you added a second vanilla subscription then there would be screams of boycott, greedy.

If I had 8 million subscribers I would not want to have this on my horizon in anyway.
I really think the deal was never that blizzard should or shouldn't do something, but rather they were douches when answering since some people in fact do want that.

I really think the deal was never that blizzard should or shouldn't do something, but rather they were douches when answering since some people in fact do want that.
Ok, fine. Yes it was a douche thing to say but they're blowing it up way the fuck outta proportion. This is a perfect example of how toxic the gaming community actually is. It's an MMO, what the fuck did they think would happen? Of course things are going to change. That's to be expected. Whining like a bunch of little bitches isn't going to get a company to bring back a product that they think wouldn't turn a profit.

Ok, fine. Yes it was a douche thing to say but they're blowing it up way the fuck outta proportion. This is a perfect example of how toxic the gaming community actually is. It's an MMO, what the fuck did they think would happen? Of course things are going to change. That's to be expected. Whining like a bunch of little bitches isn't going to get a company to bring back a product that they think wouldn't turn a profit.

You have strong opinions about it. Blizz makes profitable games for sure, but the amount of times they walk things back or vastly change mechanics in their games kinda shows they don't understand what people want as much as they think.

Nostalrius is pulling the plug once again, but this time it’s not because of anything Blizzard said. Rather, they’re not happy about how the project is perceived, and they think it runs counter to their ultimate goal of getting official legacy servers from Blizzard.

“Today, only 10% of the former Nostalrius players have generated a token to join Elysium, and we believe that we failed to satisfy this community entirely, as at the same time legacy fans acquired a reputation of ‘pirates’ on the official WoW community,” wrote Nostalrius’ project manager, who goes by the handle Viper.

“We know that Nostalrius carries the hopes of the legacy community but moving from ‘fan server’ to ‘pirate server’ reputation makes it harder to convince that legacy fans have a place on the WoW community,” they added. “Until this stigma is removed, it’s unlikely any true progress towards official legacy content can be achieved.”

They’ve requested that Elysium stop using their source code and data, and they’ve already ceased the account transfer process on their end. Elysium says they plan to comply.

“It is with sadness that we must act under such circumstances,” wrote an Elysium admin named Shenna. “However, rest assured that our loyalties remain with the community in all things. All characters that have existed in the game world since Elysium’s launch until now will be maintained and all Nostalrius specific data will be wiped. Nostalrius realms will be renamed to Anathema PvP and Darrowshire PvE... All future Nostalrius related data will be denied. The new realms will not be affected, and Elysium will not disclose any Nostalrius’ data such as the databases and core.”

http://kotaku.com/popular-world-of-..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Back