Locked BLACK PANTHER Thread V.2 (First Critics' Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surviving the first arc joke was good. Cap has the super serum though, I didnt think black panther did unless I missed something.
I think he purifies himself in the waters of Lake Minna-we're-gonna-make-up-an-afrocentric-name. (It's a royal herb given only to the kings of Wakanda; but apparently that's changed now.)

Among the Black Panther's abilities are firm knowledge of American criminal law, non-violent protest, and lawful observation of police tactics.

Looking back, I resent THOR Ragnarok trailer for forcing white European rock music down my throat. Why couldn't it be just a generic score or something non race specific?
All I saw was one black person in the entire damn trailer for the movie, all it did was reinforce it's whiteness to me.

Looking back, I resent THOR Ragnarok trailer for forcing white European rock music down my throat. Why couldn't it be just a generic score or something non race specific?
All I saw was one black person in the entire damn trailer for the movie, all it did was reinforce it's whiteness to me.

The song fits perfectly with that trailer

I really love that trailer

It's offensive to minorities because it is being marketed to White Europeans.

RIGHT???

He routinely survives the first arc of his narratives.

Physically, he's essentially "ferocious Captain America" with a more conspicuous sense of nobility. Because he is both regent and warrior, mentally he's somewhere around Namor or Wonder Woman.

He's probably one of the very few Marvel characters who don't suffer some kind of inner turmoil as part of his or her character. Someone would say he's a bit angry, but that's "I got a right to be hostile" territory. Not a weakness.

Mentally, the comics have him in that rarified air: Reed, Stark, Pym, Banner, Parker, & Von Doom. Wakanda's public schools are no fucking joke.
I personally find it annoying. They wrote him out smarting and out magic-ing? Doom ...

He's also one of the smartest heroes in the Marvel Universe surpassing Stark.

I always found him to be OP as a character.

Fighting skills > Cap
Better tech > Stark
Intelligence close to Reed Richards.

He was perfect right up until Doomwar where Marvel went full-retard and put him over Doom in both magic and intelligence.

I didnt like it.

I dont need the constant urban culture reminder that our hero is black. Just make the damn comic book movie, dammit, we dont need an in our face reminder of the type of hero we have here.
I saw no urban culture reminders maybe you're just biased.

I didnt like it.

I dont need the constant urban culture reminder that our hero is black. Just make the damn comic book movie, dammit, we dont need an in our face reminder of the type of hero we have here.

What the fuck are you talking about?

He routinely survives the first arc of his narratives.

Physically, he's essentially "ferocious Captain America" with a more conspicuous sense of nobility. Because he is both regent and warrior, mentally he's somewhere around Namor or Wonder Woman.

He's probably one of the very few Marvel characters who don't suffer some kind of inner turmoil as part of his or her character. Someone would say he's a bit angry, but that's "I got a right to be hostile" territory. Not a weakness.

There was that time Namor had to bail him and the Illuminati out of an incursion because they all pussed out.

He's right. I just rewatched the trailer.

When Chadwick Boseman is looking at the Gollum and Frodo interrogation, he is wearing a black hoodie! What else symbolizes "urban" and "blackness" more than a dark hoodie.
I thought I was watching Boyz in the Hood or Straight Outta Compton for a second.

Look like 50 other movies made the last five years or so.

More spaceships and lazerbeams. Great.

At least some movies like John Wick are still being made. And Jason statham never let us down either.

Mother of christ,

Listen girls, i didnt like it cuz of the music, the vibe, the urban touch. Why cant it just be about the Black Panther presented just like all the other super hero movies?

Did Spawn have DMX playing in its trailer?
How stereotypical was Blade?

Cheat sheet: They just focused on the hero.

Good lord you are a cooch. What a lame "reason" not to like a superhero movie.

Also if you want to be honest there was plenty of black cuture references in the Blade trilogy and throughout the comics and movie Spawn.

You're either lying to save face or ignorant.

Wait, I've got it.

I'll take thin-skinned insecure closet racist for 600, Alex.

Good lord you are a cooch. What a lame "reason" not to like a superhero movie.

Also if you want to be honest there was plenty of black cuture references in the Blade trilogy and throughout the comics and movie Spawn.

You're either lying to save face or ignorant.

Wait, I've got it.

I'll take thin-skinned insecure closet racist for 600, Alex.
Ah well. Let the world beware.

Ah well. Let the world beware.

But I really have to know why the music in other movies like THOR for example, which could definitely be said to be culturally relative to the character/movie doesnt bother you?

And why would you just flat out lie about Spawn and Blade?

But I really have to know why the music in other movies like THOR for example, which could definitely be said to be culturally relative to the character/movie doesnt bother you?

And why would you just flat out lie about Spawn and Blade?

Flat out lie? Take a stroll down Youtube lane. Spawn has the most stock 90s movie trailer setup while Blade has techno/house in its trailer. You could be blind folded and not know nor care the heroes were black.

In this trailer, It is as if we are getting a caricature of a hero being black, yet im the one whos racist cuz i can see it? Holy shit boys and girls, no way this isnt obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back