Movies BLACK ADAM (Tracking for $60 Million Opening Weekend)

If you have seen BLACK ADAM, how would you rate it?

• 10 - Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 - Great

• 8 - Good

• 6 - Decent

• 4 - Poor

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terrible

• 1 - Abysmal

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest with each other....we're all watching and waiting for the post credit scene to see...

Henry Cavill as Superman...wouldn't be surprised if Shazam shows up as well

- This movie has Pierce Brosnan. Black Adam is a cool character and so is Atom Smasher.
And The Rock is every guy man-crush!

This is why i rarely go to the cinema anymore. I love movies, but I hate people.

When I saw The Batman, there was a couple in front of me who wouldn't shut up. Every ten minutes or so they'd talk to each other, or check their phones. Eventually I got so pissed off, I kicked the backs of their seats hard enough to nearly launch them into the aisle.

They STFU after that:)

That rude behavior is really irksome. I saw that second to last Harry Potter movie in theaters with a few friends and we were seated near these college-aged kids who were making snide remarks every thirty seconds. All I could think was- dude, you paid money to see this movie. Just cause you're talking derisively about it, doesn't mean that you're hipper than the rest of us in the audience who also paid to see this lol.

Funny situation I remember was that when I saw Winter Soldier with my brother, there were about seven or eight teenagers three rows in front of us and a dad in his thirties with his two young kids a couple of rows behind us. The teens were actually not problematic at all for the vast majority of the film. For some reason, toward the very end of the movie, they just acted as though it was already over with and just started casually conversing, checking their phones, etc.

The dad a couple of rows back goes, "Hey, chump (specifically calling out the one who was speaking in the moment) there's a movie on!"

I thought it was hilarious that he used the word chump.

Anyway, the teens stopped talking then, though they spent the rest of the ten minutes of the runtime mean-mugging the dad as though they were the Diaz brothers.

@Dragonlordxxxxx

I didn't mean to but already got spoiled with post credits /end credits , I don't think it's that bad of a spoiler but I'm hyped.

Cavil returns as Superman this time without a douche canoe Snyder involved
I've known about this for a week but chose not to say anything here.

The Rock playing an instrumental role in making (blank) possible is commendable and great. On the other hand, it leaves a little bad taste in my mouth that he's just ignoring Black Adam's arch-enemy, Shazam. I'll probably have more to say about this in my Black Adam review on Wed.

I've known about this for a week but chose not to say anything here.

The Rock playing an instrumental role in making (blank) possible is commendable and great. On the other hand, it leaves a little bad taste in my mouth that he's just ignoring Black Adam's arch-enemy, Shazam. I'll probably have more to say about this in my Black Adam review on Wed.

It's weird because he's completely trying to alter established importance in the Universe . Realistically he could have played a Version of Shazam himself rather than Black Adam.

@Dragonlordxxxxx

I didn't mean to but already got spoiled with post credits /end credits , I don't think it's that bad of a spoiler but I'm hyped.

Cavil returns as Superman this time without a douche canoe Snyder involved
Well the rock has mentioned that a few times so not much of a spoiler.

The last DC movie Batman was actually pretty good. This looks like a,straight popcorn movie I might go see if bored

Good to hear, I went to see the last Batman movie but something must have been wrong with the projector in the theater bcs the entire movie was like dark and black all the time so I could barely see what was going on. Funny thing is, it only started after the previews. Go figure.

It's weird because he's completely trying to alter established importance in the Universe . Realistically he could have played a Version of Shazam himself rather than Black Adam.

His statements on "establishing the DCEU" speak volumes. The mofo acts like he's Superman or Batman and doesn't even acknowledge that previous movies in the EU exist. Hey Dwayne! Black Adam is the 11th (yup, I wiki-ed that) movie in the DCEU. 11th. Get off your high fucking horse.

With the horrible (and justified) reviews for the new Halloween, I see a huge drop for that movie next weekend. I had black Adam doing well at the box office but not any mind blowing numbers. Could see a slight bump .

His statements on "establishing the DCEU" speak volumes. The mofo acts like he's Superman or Batman and doesn't even acknowledge that previous movies in the EU exist. Hey Dwayne! Black Adam is the 11th (yup, I wiki-ed that) movie in the DCEU. 11th. Get off your high fucking horse.

I'm not really talking about Black Adams place in the DCEU I'm talking about the comics , plus nee WB leadership would rather people forget majority of the DCEU especially the Snyder part. For the Comics Black Adam is at best the Tieer below the importance of the Main Justice League Heros and their Villains , and in no fucking way should Shazam be written as second fiddle to Black Adam

This is why i rarely go to the cinema anymore. I love movies, but I hate people.

When I saw The Batman, there was a couple in front of me who wouldn't shut up. Every ten minutes or so they'd talk to each other, or check their phones. Eventually I got so pissed off, I kicked the backs of their seats hard enough to nearly launch them into the aisle.

They STFU after that:)

When I was deployed we had a bootleg disc of some movie, can’t even remember which one, and some dude is talking like mad.

Guy recording it goes, “hey mate, I’m trying to record this, so if you don’t shut the fuck up, I’m gonna slit your fucking throat.” Talker dude gets real quiet after.

We all absolutely lost it while watching it. Was more memorable than the movie itself.

Fun movie but forgetsble like all other Rock movies imo

My buddy went to the premier and sat a couple of rows from the The Rock (who looked like an old doll with all his makeup). He walked out because it was so bad

Reviews are dropping and it ain't lookin' good for DC. I was hoping for "a decently enjoyable 6 with more hope for the future", and it might not have even cleared that low bar.

...yay.

Holy fuck, it’s Metacritic score is only 45 based on the first 25 reviews with the highest individual score only being 75.

<4>

Holy fuck, it’s Metacritic score is only 45 based on the first 25 reviews with the highest individual score only being 75.

<4>

Sounds like they took out The Rock's charisma and humor to make a stoic, downer of a character too. I know very little about Black Adam, but if he's an ultra-serious character, then that wasn't the right comic book role for The Rock. I feel Dwayne could have been a very cool Luthor opposite Cavill in an upcoming Supes movie. Just pretend the Eisenberg iteration was from the multiverse or whatever.

Last edited:
Sounds like they took out The Rock's charisma and humor to make a stoic, downer of a character too. I know very little about Black Adam, but if he's an ultra-serious character, then that wasn't the right comic book role for The Rock. I feel Dwayne could have been a very cool Luthor opposite Cavill in an upcoming Supes movie. Just pretend the Eisenberg iteration was from the multiverse or whatever.

Rock couldnt play any kind of super hero villian/anti villian.

Dudes too big, to charismatic etc.

Hed have been better off trying to make his own super hero IP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back