BJJ Technique - Octopus Half Guard Attacks - Coach Zahabi

Great series. I love Octopus half. Quickly swimming through is a nice defense against both the reverse sit and Darce attempts.

one of my favorite ways to take the back (against inverted half). can lead to perpetual truck roll scrambles...

I completely forgot about octopus guard, it was so fun when I first learned it. I wan't to try it out again.

When you train a lot you get tight, the best way to loose up the muscles is the tim tam.

Also great video, it’s one of those wierd spots that people don’t address much but you can find yourself there a reasonable amount.

God Zahabi's videos are the best.

I am embarrassed to say I have never seen that series before. Although, I would have appreciated more detail on the third sweep. Seems basically like a no-gi shaolin sweep?

God Zahabi's videos are the best.

I am embarrassed to say I have never seen that series before. Although, I would have appreciated more detail on the third sweep. Seems basically like a no-gi shaolin sweep?

This sweep family is my favorite, and it requires very little effort once you develop an intuitive understanding of the critical balance points.

It's the same principle as Roger's kimura half guard rollover sweep. Basically you want them pressuring into you, then you direct their weight across your body so they're loaded on your abdomen. Using their momentum, pike up your hips and back roll over your far shoulder.

The grips and arm positioning aren't all that important so long as you get the weight load and have their base on the top corner blocked or controlled.

It's a cool posish. I learned it from this seminar tape.

It's a cool posish. I learned it from this seminar tape.

This is an awesome video, it’s an extrapolation on the Tristar one with loads of extra details. Thanks for posting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back