BJJ-Small Circle??

You guys are funny, all you got out of the bold was his record? Did you somehow miss his KO % and his submission %???? For someone who doesnt know what hes talking about, Bas sure as hell has submitted alot of folks.
So what Bas calls a kimura a reverse figure four? Do you really think BJJ is the only place to find that technique? Hahaha!!

And to the other cat, the history of BJJ? You realize that history is based around Judo right? Now, tell me..............how did this system of "Judo" come about? Exactly where are a good majority of their techniques derived from???? Hmmm, I wonder....its right on the tip of my tongue haha.

i dont get your argument.. you agree with bas on his statement of how "there is no such thing as brazilian jiu jitsu, just jiu jitsu".

I said thats bizarre, all jiu jitsu is different. Bjj today(sportwise) is totally different, exotic open guards,inverted guards,fancy gi chokes, as well as submission combos make bjj what different. JJJ has weapons, finger locks, standing submissions that bjj does not, so how could you say they arent different?

What I meant about bas's terminology is, atleast to me, it seemed like he purposely calls moves differently from what theyre called in judo/bjj which shows his dislike for bjj. During his broadcast with the other guy(forgot his name) on the royler-rickson demonstration, bas was saying he liked it but the other guy expressed it much more and bas was a lot quiter then usual. So his dislike or whatever for bjj is reflected in his comment as well, which i pointed out to be stupid.

Also, just because he won a lot by submission doesnt mean much, i know ill get flamed like i did before but most of his pancrase fights were fixed anyway so his record doesnt mean anything to me.

I don't agree with Bas's feelings that BJJ=traditional jiu-jitsu. I've done both and they are incredibly different.

However, I think maybe one reason why Bas doesn't necessarily use BJJ terminology is remember that he was doing Pancrase in Japan before BJJ caught on big over there. Doing Pancrase Bas probably fought and learned from guys that came from a more catch wrestling background so it wouldn't surprise me that he would use catch terms instead of BJJ.

Doing Pancrase Bas probably fought and learned from guys that came from a more catch wrestling background so it wouldn't surprise me that he would use catch terms instead of BJJ.

This would be my guess as well actually.

Traditional JJ is the basis for Judo, Judo is the basis for BJJ. The kimuras, chokes and submissions found throughout BJJ are also found in JJ. There is an emphasis on the ground in BJJ obviously, but its not like the same techniques in BJJ are not found JJ. Which is what I believe Bas is getting at.

This would be my guess as well actually.

Traditional JJ is the basis for Judo, Judo is the basis for BJJ. The kimuras, chokes and submissions found throughout BJJ are also found in JJ. There is an emphasis on the ground in BJJ obviously, but its not like the same techniques in BJJ are not found JJ. Which is what I believe Bas is getting at.

I did not say those same moves arent in Traditional JJ, the main difference in between Traditional JJ and BJJ is the BJJ trains LIVE and JJJ does not.

Thats an awfully big jump to make, you must be under the impression JJJ=Mcdojo stuff. How do you explain Carlos Newtons success if JJJ doesnt train live? Sure there are some Mcdojo JJ schools out there, but then again there are some legit guys who train as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2YrPH_4_yk

Your basing all of this on one guy? I know a guy with a black belt in traditional jujitsu who would tool you, so what are you trying to say? Bas said it best, hes been around the world and there is no such thing as brazilian jiujitsu, only jiujitsu. Anyone who wants to trash traditional Jiu-jitsu has little idea about how things work in the real world. Do some research on the origins of BJJ and Judo, then maybe..........just maybe it will come to you. Then again, maybe not.

Whatever bro. You train an small circle don't you? Does the truth hurt your feelings? have you ever rolled at a regular BJJ as opposed to small circle? And no I am not all basing this off one guy, I basing it on rolling with him and other people ive talked to that trained Traditional Jiu Jitsu.

Thats an awfully big jump to make, you must be under the impression JJJ=Mcdojo stuff. How do you explain Carlos Newtons success if JJJ doesnt train live? Sure there are some Mcdojo JJ schools out there, but then again there are some legit guys who train as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2YrPH_4_yk

Dude you are a fucking idiot. The guy in your video u posted is holding up a Brazil shirt at approximately 1:06 in that clip. Thats a BJJ competition. did u notice the color of the belt given to the second opponent to distinguish the competitors also? it was the colors of the Brazilian flag. just because the clip says "Jiu Jitsu" does NOT mean its Traditional Jiu Jitsu. many people call BJJ Jiu Jitsu including myself.

Whatever bro. You train an small circle don't you? Does the truth hurt your feelings? have you ever rolled at a regular BJJ as opposed to small circle? And no I am not all basing this off one guy, I basing it on rolling with him and other people ive talked to that trained Traditional Jiu Jitsu.

Dont be so emotional man, relax. I simply disagree with you about JJJ not training live. And no I dont train in Small Circle JJ.

Dude you are a fucking idiot. The guy in your video u posted is holding up a Brazil shirt at approximately 1:06 in that clip. Thats a BJJ competition. did u notice the color of the belt given to the second opponent to distinguish the competitors also? it was the colors of the Brazilian flag. just because the clip says "Jiu Jitsu" does NOT mean its Traditional Jiu Jitsu. many people call BJJ Jiu Jitsu including myself.

No shit huh? Take a look at the post above yours wise guy :wink: That was a Japanese tournament, you realize that right? Take a look at the other link as well. Infact, go to youtube and search for yourself. You are absolutely wrong, whether you want to admit it or not.

No shit huh? Take a look at the post of yours wise guy :wink: That was a Japanese tournament, you realize that right? Take a look at the other link as well. Infact, go to youtube and search for yourself. You are absolutely wrong, whether you want to admit it or not.

So what if it was a Japanese tournament? BJJ is popular in Japan. Are you saying Japanese cannot hold BJJ tournaments?

Haha, no im not saying there is no such thing as BJJ in Japan. Are you saying no JJ guys participate in JJ tournaments in Japan? I didnt think so. And just because there is a BJJ in the tournament, doesnt mean its a BJJ tournament. Now look at the other links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHSCQb0hrPM&mode=related&search=

Im tired of posting links for you, you either can open your eyes or you cant.

dude you posted a bjj tournament, it's not his fault that he is reacting to what YOU posted...

dude you posted a bjj tournament, it's not his fault that he is reacting to what YOU posted...

Ill say it, one more time. Just because there is a BJJ guy in a JJ tournament, doesnt mean its an all BJJ tournament. A team from Brazil cant go to a JJ tournament? And if you didnt notice the other links, which I took the time to post JJ does train "live". As if I didnt realize there was a BJJ at a Japanese JJ tournament. I suggest you look back through the post carefully. The question was, do JJ train "live". The answer is, yes they do. Its not all ippon.

Ill say it, one more time. Just because there is a BJJ guy in a JJ tournament, doesnt mean its an all BJJ tournament. A team from Brazil cant go to a JJ tournament?

Dude did you even read blanko's post? That was a BJJ PURPLE BELTS rolling at a BJJ tournament . not a TJJ tournament with BJJ guys rolling in.

Nowhere in the video does it say "BJJ" It says all Japan Jujitsu actually. And even if it is infact a BJJ tournament, and it wasnt labeled as such how does this skip the point Im making that there are JJJ guys who do train on the ground in a "live" fashion. And psycho-active, you are completely overlooking the point that JJ infact does train live. You are dead wrong.*edit* After some research, its clear both of the competitors were BJJ guys, but information on the entire tournament itself is scarce. I cant say one way or another if there were Japanese JJ practitioners there, but Im willing to bet there were. But the point still remains, that there are indeed JJ guys who do ground work.

flexwave, now do you understand why its good to have a mind of your own and not copy what other fighters say just because theyre fighters?

Ill say it, one more time. Just because there is a BJJ guy in a JJ tournament, doesnt mean its an all BJJ tournament. A team from Brazil cant go to a JJ tournament? And if you didnt notice the other links, which I took the time to post JJ does train "live". As if I didnt realize there was a BJJ at a Japanese JJ tournament. I suggest you look back through the post carefully. The question was, do JJ train "live". The answer is, yes they do. Its not all ippon.

the specific vid you posted was a bjj tournament in japan.

Back