BJJ in Seattle/Washington area?

BJJ Coffee Drinker

Amateur Fighter
@Brown
Reaction score
I know I could search from past threads, but a new thread would have much more current information

Anyone train in Seattle/Kirkland/Ballard area? I will be in Seattle for about 5 days for a vacation with my girlfriend. I will probably try to look around for an open mat or 2 to attend and stay in shape. Can Anyone make some recommendations as far as good and friendly schools to train at? Im cool with attending classes but I'm mostly looking to attend an open mat and get some good rolls in.

I've googled schools online but I'm more looking for personal experiences of people who actually train at the gyms. thanks

I was in Seattle for a month last year on business and I trained almost every day at Foster BJJ. The place is run by James "300" Foster. A hulking 6'5" man that looks like Leonidis. He's a Black belt under Giva Santana, formally from Lotus Club and now One Jiu Jitsu.

Large & clean facility. Super welcoming and awesome Jiu Jitsu. I highly recommend it.

http://www.fbjjonline.com/

I live in Ballard and train at Ballard Gracie Barra. Very friendly school and usually a good hour at least of sparring after every class. Tuesday evenings is just open mat right now last I checked. You should check it out if you are staying nearby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back