BJJ in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania?

Slick_36

Bad Man from Borger, Texas
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone train around here? I just moved from Oregon and am looking to finally settle in a real gym. I'm looking at a place called Deepwater BJJ, I've always loved that Carlos Machado quote "The ground is my ocean, I'm the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim.". They have a 30 day free trial with a free private lesson, belt, and even custom gi with their badass logo. I know a logo isn't enough to base a decision on, but that's a hell of a lot more welcoming than the $60 3 week trial I got back in Oregon.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's familiar with the area.

We'd love to have you stop by and check us out at www.harrisburgbjjandjudo.com. We're one of the largest gyms in the state with about a 10,000 sq ft facility, 340 students and 10 BJJ black belts.

We'd love to have you stop by and check us out at www.harrisburgbjjandjudo.com. We're one of the largest gyms in the state with about a 10,000 sq ft facility, 340 students and 10 BJJ black belts.
I know nothing about this gym other than what I just read on the website, but potentially legit judo and BJJ for $99 a month is definitely worth a look.

I know nothing about this gym other than what I just read on the website, but potentially legit judo and BJJ for $99 a month is definitely worth a look.

The gym is great.

Slick, I’ll be at open mat tomorrow. You should come.

Wow, that sounds like a great place to grow. I look forward to checking it out! Would I need a gi for the open mat tomorrow? I only have a rash guard and some shorts for now.

The gym is great.

Slick, I’ll be at open mat tomorrow. You should come.
Right on! I'll do my best to get there, stI'll unpacking and getting things in order but I'm dying to roll again lol.

Wow, that sounds like a great place to grow. I look forward to checking it out! Would I need a gi for the open mat tomorrow? I only have a rash guard and some shorts for now.

Right on! I'll do my best to get there, stI'll unpacking and getting things in order but I'm dying to roll again lol.

We have loaner gis you can borrow to check us out. I'll be at the 3pm Beginners judo and 4pm open mat. My name is Dave - ask for me and let me know you are the sherdog guy!

We have loaner gis you can borrow to check us out. I'll be at the 3pm Beginners judo and 4pm open mat. My name is Dave - ask for me and let me know you are the sherdog guy!
That's great!!! I've been wanting to try my hand at Judo for years but never expected to find a place that taught it. I'll be there, thanks!

It was a pleasure having my ass handed to me by you guys. I can't wait to go back. I'd definitely recommend Harrisburg BJJ & Judo to anyone who comes across this thread.

3G are good people, trained with another affiliate in Lancaster. If I went back to PA, I'd find another 3G school if possible. Use to be RG/DA but made a change around 2009-2010 to their own affiliation.

Back