BJ stoppage was early

At first I was like wow John is really letting this go and thought it was a little late but upon further review it was stopped a bit early. Not a bad stoppage but I wouldve like to see it go a bit longer. I think BJ was overall fine and working on regaining guard.

This fight should of never even been booked, what a joke you are, this post is and that fight was.

He was bouncing Penn's head off the ground for the last 10 strikes while Penn flailed around a bit. Fine stoppage.

hahahahahahahahahahaha.

btw yair wasn't going to slow down, dude fought even crazier than that on that mexico card where everyone was gassing and fought even crazier for 5 rounds against caceres.

It was a mercy stoppage. How much embarrassment was BJ supposed to endure before John McCarthy stopped the fight? I wanted Big John to call a halt to the action as soon as BJ walked into the Octagon.

I'd agree if he wasn't being visibly battered shitless by a bigger guy, 15 years younger with hardly a blemish on his record. Actually. he looked like a little baby - so cute.

imo the fight couldve been stopped 10 strikes earlier. crazy that you think this stoppage was early.

He WAS clearly defending himself, so it was early.

But we don't need to see bj die. The stoppage was okay.

Yeah the first round was 10-8. And the second round was on track to be 10-8. But BJ was not taking clean shots on the ground. The ground was where BJ had a chance.

We have seen other fighters in that situation allowed to continue. The ref based his decision on how the fight was going, rather than what he should've been considering, which was whether BJ was intelligently defending himself. BJ was intelligently defending.

We have also seen fights turn around. BJ landed a couple shots, and all it takes is one. Also Rodriguez was kicking a lot, and as we've seen with Connor, kicks drain energy. This was a five round fight. It should've gone on.

He was not motivated

Could have been stopped before it started and it would've been late. BJ's done a while ago.

Yeah the first round was 10-8. And the second round was on track to be 10-8. But BJ was not taking clean shots on the ground. The ground was where BJ had a chance.

We have seen other fighters in that situation allowed to continue. The ref based his decision on how the fight was going, rather than what he should've been considering, which was whether BJ was intelligently defending himself. BJ was intelligently defending.

We have also seen fights turn around. BJ landed a couple shots, and all it takes is one. Also Rodriguez was kicking a lot, and as we've seen with Connor, kicks drain energy. This was a five round fight. It should've gone on.
Maybe bj should have closed his guard or done something , anything

The 2nd ...On track to be 10 - 8 ?

It was stopped at the 24 second mark. He was probably knocked down at about the 3 - 5 second mark. It was on track to be a TKO.

Ppl on here always bitching...

It was stopped too early.
It was stopped too late.

WTF goes on in the heads of some ppl ?

He was given ample opportunity to come back. But, he wasn't getting killed. Those weren't massive clean shots he was taking.

But, he was NEVER coming back from that. No BJJ wizard is coming back from the blows coming down, in that instance. Not after that first round. I honestly thought it was a great stoppage. Not too early, or too late.

BJM was right fucking there. I thought he did a really good job. He wanted a legend to have a fair chance. But, he wasn't gonna let him get killed doing it.

We all tend to see things differently. But, if youve been watching for a long time. And have any knowledge of what you are seeing. I find it hard to believe anybody would have a problem with the stoppage... Early, or late.

Alot of BJ fans thought it was a late stoppage. BJ himself thought it was early, in real time.

I maintain it was truly worthy of the 3 bears... It was just fucking right.

You got to factor in the knockdowns. I like that fights in MT are stopped if there is more than 2 knockdowns (and there a different rules for diff promotions). Obviously this is a different sport but I will always favour an early stoppage over a late one. There have been ridiculous early stoppages but this is not one of those. It does not matter whether a fighter protests or not, it's not their decision. Pressure from fans to let the fighters they like and admire get beaten to a pulp is gross and disgusting.

BTW... BJ was done from the first high kick blocked and still got hurt while Yair laughed at Baby Jay punches.

This fight was a total mismatch. Almost on Gabi Garcia level of freakshow. Disgusting.

Maybe next time they can throw BJ against Miocic to see if he dies or not. Fanboys would say "he fought at HW, he can beat Stipe"

You want him to dieded...
itboxy.jpg

Or nah?

Back