Bisping vs Rockhold - The difference in Respect

Yes, explain to me the rationale for bisping fighting a 60 yr old man hendo. Vs an available Vitor who just ktfo out of you and the Hendo. The same guy you recently fought and was gifted a decision by those british judges.
Neither guy was deserving of a shot, Hendo was like 3-7 in his last 10, and Vitor was coming off a brutal loss to Jacare - who should have gotten the shot instead at that point in time.

None of those three guys would have been the rightful contender though, considering that Yoel was on a far better run than those three.

salty_zpsakoftku9.gif

I lol'd.

And so has hendo. Yet the "champ" bisping lobbied for a fight vs a 60 yr old hendo vs avenging a guy (vitor) who most recently ktfo out of you (the champ) and your opponent. LMFAO!!! Btw Vitor was available for the fight.

It's a fair point and I agree Vitor is a very dangerous fight for Bisping TRT/roids or no, but you have to allow me the question over Vitor's history of PEDs and whether he has any legitimacy at this stage to fight a champion (especially one who has got their completely clean)

And EVEN IF Vitor was 100% clean and 100% available for the fight. How many title shots do you want to give the guy? Seriously. It is ludicrous to expect that he will keep getting title fights despite blowing his shot at least 3 times in the last 5 years. Namely against Silva, Bones and Weidman. How many more title shots do you want to give him? He will forever be a very high level gatekeeper, but his contender days are over. He is on double losses now anyway. He doesn't deserve to fight for the title again until he definitively proves himself.

Yes, explain to me the rationale for bisping fighting a 60 yr old man hendo. Vs an available Vitor who just ktfo out of you and the Hendo. The same guy you recently fought and was gifted a decision by those british judges.
Hendo won his last fight and Vitor didnt?

It's a fair point and I agree Vitor is a very dangerous fight for Bisping TRT/roids or no, but you have to allow me the question over Vitor's history of PEDs and whether he has any legitimacy at this stage to fight a champion (especially one who has got their completely clean)

And EVEN IF Vitor was 100% clean and 100% available for the fight. How many title shots do you want to give the guy? Seriously. It is ludicrous to expect that he will keep getting title fights despite blowing his shot at least 3 times in the last 5 years. Namely against Silva, Bones and Weidman. How many more title shots do you want to give him? He will forever be a very high level gatekeeper, but his contender days are over. He is on double losses now anyway. He doesn't deserve to fight for the title again until he definitively proves himself.
I see your point. But give the man credit. According to UFC and DANA he was the only guy willing to step up given the circumstances in each of those fights. He at least put up a good fight too.

Luke shouldn't have been disrespectful before the fight.

I hate this Conor McGregor "talk shit before the fight then expect respect afterwards" nonsense.

Nah buddeh, you disrespect me once and I'll disrespect you forever. Even after I beat your ass.

Luke shouldn't have been disrespectful before the fight.

I hate this Conor McGregor "talk shit before the fight then expect respect afterwards" nonsense.

Nah buddeh, you disrespect me once and I'll disrespect you forever. Even after I beat your ass.

Well pre-fight talk is part of marketing, it's important for sales.
After the fight itself it's different.
Mocking an opponent you just beat is very low.

Well pre-fight talk is part of marketing, it's important for sales.
After the fight itself it's different.
Mocking an opponent you just beat is very low.

Some people don't give a shit about playing that game.

Some people sign up to fight, not to insult each other.

Some people don't give a shit about playing that game.

Some people sign up to fight, not to insult each other.

Which game exactly are you talking about?

Do you suppose showing respect to an opponent who you just beat is something you play or not?

Which game exactly are you talking about?

Do you suppose showing respect to an opponent who you just beat is something you play or not?

If they were respectful to me before the fight, of course.

If they weren't, like I said, I'd disrespect them forever.

And I am talking about the "talk shit to sell the fight" game.

The way Rockhold was fighting was a disrespect to Bisping, hands down, like he was fighting an amateur, that's what you get when you underrate your opponent

If they were respectful to me before the fight, of course.

If they weren't, like I said, I'd disrespect them forever.

And I am talking about the "talk shit to sell the fight" game.

Yes, but Rockhold showed respect to Bisping after the fight,
Bisping did not.
There is the difference in personalities.

Yes, but Rockhold showed respect to Bisping after the fight,
Bisping did not.
There is the difference in personalities.

I don't think they had a beef with each other for the first fight, so why would he not show respect?

Rockhold created the beef by disrespecting him before the 2nd fight. So why should Bisping show respect?

You do realize that Bisping's "Fuck You" wasn't just to Rockhold but to all of the MMA fans around the world that have never given him the credit he deserves. I truly believe he is a clean fighter and has always been. He has come up a hair short every time he was close to a title shot but always lost to know juicers. Chael, Wanderlei, Vitor, Henderson are all known to have been on PEDs. The only losses at MW that were to guys not proven to be on juice in their career were Rockhold and Kennedy. The guy also put a huge amount of money in Rockhold and his bank accounts if Luke ever comes back for a rematch, title or no title that fight will sell. I hope Rashad comes up with an impressive MW debut as those two could rematch theri LHW fight.

Good theory, but he jumped on the cage, turned around, stared right at Rockhold while pointing at him and yelling "Fuck You". I think it was pretty obvious Mike was addressing Luke directly.

The video looks pretty bad for Bisping but Luke was talking a ton of shit before the fight, showing no respect. There is two sides to this story. Luke crushes Bisping in a rematch.

Ya that's generally what happens prior to the fight, but Luke showed himself to be a MUCH more graceful winner.

And that was despite Bisping talking all kinds of shit about how he'd gotten the better of Rockhold during sparring (Bisping had 1st told the story years ago), something that most fighters don't do. I don't train, but that just seems to be a really classless, shitty thing for a professional to do that flies in the face of all etiquette. Must have felt so good for Luke to shut him up after that.... and yet Luke treated him incredibly.

I don't think they had a beef with each other for the first fight, so why would he not show respect?

Rockhold created the beef by disrespecting him before the 2nd fight. So why should Bisping show respect?

Ya they did. Back when Strikeforce was around Bisping bragged about how he went to AKA for some training and kicked Rockhold's ass while he was there, making him the Unofficial Strikeforce Champion.

The gym opens their doors to him, then he goes around airing that shit.... there was a lot of animosity leading up to the 1st one too. I remember Bisping saying he was having breakfast in Australia after an event and being confronted by Rockhold, and how he woulda kicked his ass if Bis's kid wasn't there. Lots of bad blood, Luke was a class act in the cage afterward though.

It's 100% on Rockhold for a) giving way too much respect to a notoriously cocky fighter, b) going into their rematch being cocky and pompous himself.

Ya they did. Back when Strikeforce was around Bisping bragged about how he went to AKA for some training and kicked Rockhold's ass while he was there, making him the Unofficial Strikeforce Champion.

The gym opens their doors to him, then he goes around airing that shit.... there was a lot of animosity leading up to the 1st one too. I remember Bisping saying he was having breakfast in Australia after an event and being confronted by Rockhold, and how he woulda kicked his ass if Bis's kid wasn't there. Lots of bad blood, Luke was a class act in the cage afterward though.

Then Luke is a classy motherfucker for that. Good on him.

Bisping does come off as being a dickhead in that whole situation lol.

Back