Bisping vs GSP Height and Reach (stats inside)

All I know is, if GSP comes out of 4 year retirement to become a 2 weight champion and move to 26-2, the dude is a legend.

I don't think GSP will look terribly outsized, if the fight happens. The style match up favors GSP, so whatever he's giving up in size he gets right back due to the style clash, and that's before even considering his skill level. I think GSP takes this fight, but I'm not happy about it.
I'm not sure GSP can hold Bisbing down, he is hard to get down and very good at getting back to his feet. I think this fight is competitive wherever it goes. I guess we will see

GSP's wrestling and ground game is incredible. He's going to get Bisbing down and tire him out.

George's pace and riddum will test bispings cardio for sure.

Better striker and better grappler. He'll handle him like he did when they trained.

The gangster vs The Transporter

44452D9500000578-4883376-Bisping_left_and_St_Pierre_right_pose_with_the_Brit_s_coach_duri-a-6_1505463336615.jpg

2 & 1/2 men.

tyron-woodley-vs-michael-bispi.jpg

Bisping stands 6'2" with a 75.5″ reach giving him a 4 inch height advantage in the fight. The average height in the MW division is 6'0" according to fight matrix. Bisping is a big guy but there are also guys in the division bigger than him.
luke-rockhold-michael-bisping-ufc-fight-night-55.jpg

Although Bisping has the height advantage it is actually George who has the longer reach at 76″ not much of a difference but worth mentioning. George is 5'10" 2 inches below the weight class average. Here's a photo of GSP standing next to Anderson Silva.

gsp_silva.jpg

and Bisping next to Anderson

050_Anderson_Silva_and_Michael_Bisping.0.0.jpg

GSP is also very well built with a lot of muscle mass for a welterweight, at least the last time we saw him he was. He's not gonna be able to grow taller obviously so he will most likely grow wider but at what point is that detrimental to his cardio and speed? Here is an interesting photo I found.

BtWkjVECcAAGo2F.jpg

None of this guarantees anything a fight is a fight and any size advantage Bisping might have won't help him if he constantly finds himself on his ass. However it is interesting to know that GSP is undersized at MW and any more muscle or weight he carries may be good or bad for him. Overall I think this is a fun fight but if GSP does win how long could he stay at MW? Prove me wrong Mr. Pierre.

Also tried to be fair with all photos feel free to add anything. I wasn't able to find a pic of them standing next to each other so here is EA UFC 2 haha.

maxresdefault.jpg
lol at "Here is an interesting photo I found."

These are two separate images that were concatenated in Photoshop. GSP and Silva aren't standing next to each other.

Bisping is considerably bigger than GSP. He's going to give up a lot of size in this fight. There is no possible version of Michael Bisping that can get on a scale and make it read '170' these are two different sized humans.

UFC-Georges-St-Pierre-Michael-Bisping-878961.jpg

These are two separate images that were concatenated in Photoshop. GSP and Silva aren't standing next to each other.

Bisping is considerably bigger than GSP. He's going to give up a lot of size in this fight. There is no possible version of Michael Bisping that can get on a scale and make it read '170' these are two different sized humans.

George is a little shorter but looks thicker there.

There is a possibility that George actually weighs more than bisping now.

I wonder how USADA compliant GSP was during his 3-4 year break where he could have been shoving God-only-knows-what into his system before announcing his return and staying off the PEDs for 6 months.

Seems like the smart play for guys who want to bulk up. Just *retire* and then when you get where you want to be - unretire.

And Georges know this, which makes me question why he chose to go up to 185? Why would he do that when it makes no sense, he is a 170 pound fighter, he isn't built for 185, and yet here we are with Georges insisting he is going to fight bigger fighters. It makes no sense to me if he wanted to make a come back.

Rockhold looked huge in his last fight. I didnt think he looked much bigger than bisping.

I dont think size will be a factor for gsp. Its a matter if he can take advantage in the early rounds and keep bisping at bay in the later rounds.

Gsp 49-46, 49-46,48-47
UD

Last edited:
GSP next to Kennedy:

XVomi1U.jpg

Kennedy next to Bisping:

bisping-vs-kennedy.png

images

Rockhold looked huge in his last fight. I didnt think he looked much bigger than bisping.

I dont think size will be a factor for gsp. Its a matter if he can take advantage in the early rounds and keep bisping at bay in the later rounds.

Gsp 49-46, 49-49,48-47
UD

Thats not a UD, thats an MD.

But I do agree with the rest of your post, GSP by decision.

I wonder how USADA compliant GSP was during his 3-4 year break where he could have been shoving God-only-knows-what into his system before announcing his return and staying off the PEDs for 6 months.

Seems like the smart play for guys who want to bulk up. Just *retire* and then when you get where you want to be - unretire.

You don't take roids to pack on 20lbs over. 3-4 year period. You take them to do it in 3-4 months.

Would be completely unnessisary given his timeline.

Back