Biggest salary increase you've ever had?

Last financial year I made $153k (AUD), the previous year would have been around $90k, good job change that one (and I got retrenched ha ha)

I turned down the biggest offer I got which would've paid $2900 more per annum than my old job.

When I first entered the healthcare industry I was on $4.5k/month.
Changed company 2 years later to earn $9k/month.
Changed company 4 years later to earn $17k/month.

Good to move up the career ladder

Biggest salary increase was 33% when I acquired a higher position in my current company (which I fucked over 3 people to get)

That was a few years ago, since then I have purchased two properties and pretty much have my daughters college money ready

Everyone in the mayberry is clearing at least 100k a year easily.

I have had a few. Largest was when I left my small business to my partner and went back into corporate America. Our last year I literally made about 30k and lived off savings. My first year with my new company I made 167k. I was out of debt in a few months and saved after that.

Between first and fifth year teaching English in China, went from $13k USD after taxes to $74k this year.

Last year our tribe council finally approved a $2.5 salary increase for all employees in our congregation. I only received a $1.5 bump for some reason.

$50k resident salary -> $400k+ real dr moneys

tenor.gif

hell yeah.. i remember that feeling... to pay more taxes in your 1st year as an attending than you made as a resident/fellow.. feels good

34% within the same company,
47% with change of company.

This year: 4.3% cost of living increase in April. Then in August 11.1% in our department due to retirements and a couple of other people leaving for other companies. 14.4% overall. Was cool.

In 2016 I was given a 75k raise, which was a pretty huge upgrade in terms of quality of life. I’ve had a couple smaller, but still pretty substantial increases since then, but my lifestyle hasn’t quite caught up to the raise from 2016, so they’ve all basically gone right into savings.

I think I made more than $20,000.00 more this year vs. last due to profit sharing. It just depends how good the year is.

fracking?
I’m in the oilfield, just not directly involved in drilling. Started out running bulldozer for a sand and gravel outfit, then bought a truck and trailer and now haul gravel and scoria. I haul to quite a few wellsites.

Just accepted a new job and it will be a 50% pay increase when just comparing base pay. I also get a 5% bonus. I will have the ability to be promoted within 6 months to a year which will probably bump me another 10k or so.

Went from $40k to $65k

I was gonna say going from no job to my first job then realized my first job was only $24k a year lol

Probably when I was working at frys Electronics after High School, went from making 5.40 working working at the movie theatre to about 18/hr in abour 6 months... while still living with my parents briefly, I went to a ton of concerts bought a new car and tons of electronics... it was awesome.

Back