Biggest and smallest lhws?

wearetheromans

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One for all the sherdog size queens out there (let's face it, pretty much all of us).

The shogun thread got me thinking.. he's a pretty small lhw, I'd say he'd be outsized against someone like weidman or rockhold.

Lhw has a huge range.. its 20lbs down to middleweight which is pretty big, then almost noone wants to go up and fight the big boys at hw.

Hendo is one that always seemed way too small for lhw, case in point the Cormier fight.

Going back we had guys like tito who bullied people around with size until he ran into chuck and randy. Still, a pretty big dude. Now we have giants like jones, bader, osp..

Who are the biggest and smallest lhws of all time?

You’re the only size queen here, TS.

One for all the sherdog size queens out there (let's face it, pretty much all of us).

The shogun thread got me thinking.. he's a pretty small lhw, I'd say he'd be outsized against someone like weidman or rockhold.

Lhw has a huge range.. its 20lbs down to middleweight which is pretty big, then almost noone wants to go up and fight the big boys at hw.

Hendo is one that always seemed way too small for lhw, case in point the Cormier fight.

Going back we had guys like tito who bullied people around with size until he ran into chuck and randy. Still, a pretty big dude. Now we have giants like jones, bader, osp..

Who are the biggest and smallest lhws of all time?

I remember this guy, Ednaldo Oliveira.
Ridiculously tall and pretty big for LHW. 0-1 in UFC against Barroso

francimar-barroso-and-ednaldo-oliveira-trade-strikes-in-their-light-picture-id175465593

Here is another freak of nature, even less skilled: Helio Dipp Jr.
Ridiculously long.

1369744239dipp.jpg

This thread made me think of Jones Machida.

Jones completely dwarfed Machida. Looked two weight classes apart.

This is Tito against newly signed LHW...and future WW: Patrick Cote.

C2u04gqUkAAIoxL.jpg

Travis Wiuff. I heard he cut from 245 or so.
20130320060548_wiuff1.JPG

Travis Wiuff. I heard he cut from 245 or so.
20130320060548_wiuff1.JPG

He always had a frame for 205. The guy just loved his big fat muscles...which never made his chin any stronger...

Big LHWs: Jones Gus DC Bader Griffin Bonnar Rampage

Smaller LHWs: Machida Shogun Latifi

Rashad is probably the smallest.

What's up with all the insecure manlet threads lately?

DC has the harders weight cut and he weighed 236lbs against Rumble in the rematch.

What's up with all the insecure manlet threads lately?

6'2 master race checking in. I think we might have detected a manlet though. You can go ahead and check out of this thread though, short stuff.

images

6'2 master race checking in. I think we might have detected a manlet though. You can go ahead and check out of this thread though, short stuff.

images
what's your social media handle? I'll hit you up and we can verify the other person

LHW has had a lot of guys who could make MW without too much hassle:
Gadzhimurad Antigulov
Daniel Cormier
Wanderlei Silva
Michal Oleksiejczuk
Vitor Belfort
Tim Boetsch
Rashad Evans
Lyoto Machida
Fabio Maldonado
Ronny Markes
Francimar Barroso
Marcos Rogerio de Lima
Michael Bisping
Rich Franklin
Mauricio Rua
Ed Herman
Anderson Silva

...Luke Rockhold is bigger than all of those guys, I reckon.

As far as big guys go, I honestly don't think there are many UFC LHW who have trouble making weight.
Nobody I can think of looks unhealthily gaunt on the scale.

Last edited:
Back