Bigfoot or coincidence?

Wolves bears and deer do not have a mandate for avoiding humans. I spend around 4 days a month in the woods. They don't mind being seen much, bears do a little more though. They have a mandate to keep you out of range

With bigfoot (if it even exists) it would be a mandate that has developed specific practices for avoiding human contact.

It is a stretch. Remember I am not promoting their existence. I was looking for serious explanations and thoughts on what happened to me.

So it's got the stealthy ninja skills to avoid being seen up close by humans, but at the same time makes loud noises and growls at people nearby. Sounds legit.

There are no beaver in that pond. Never have been. Also the sound they make is a slap. It doesn't sound the same at all. No big fish either although a big fish wouldn't be near loud enough.

If you can't notice a giant ape living near the pond who are you to say there are no beavers there? Also you claim to have been there twice. You wouldn't know the extent of the animals living there.

Your story sounds entirely made up. I've been hiking many times, my first inclination upon hearing a loud splashing sound would not be to freak out, shout about having a gun, and then flee. Especially not with an entire group of people.

People that easily scared do not hang out in the woods at night.

Assuming there is no bigfoot......(), what do you think could have done this to the dog.

No clue. A mountain lion or bear would have left some sort of bite or claws marks. A human I don't think would have the strength or ability to break a bear dogs skull/jaw or slam it into a tree like Babe Ruth at Fenway.....It's a interesting story. One I seriously needed to drag out of the guy. The only reason he confided in me is due to my interest in the topic.

Last edited:
So it's got the stealthy ninja skills to avoid being seen up close by humans, but at the same time makes loud noises and growls at people nearby. Sounds legit.

If the accounts are to be believed then yes they are incredibly shy and secretive but can also be territorial and sometimes even seek out human interaction. If they exist there are individuals with different personalities.

It is thought that if you hear one or see one then most likely it wanted you to see it. Except in those chance sightings that happen in fast moving vehicles etc.

Theories that might explain your question that sound plausible to me go like this. Bigfoot is not an ape, it is a kind of human, a common ancestor. Because of this it is very intelligent, enough to have an intellectual mandate to avoid human interaction, buries their dead, is nocturnal, and is possibly a remnant population possibly in the brink of extinction.
So this man ape that shits in the forest is more cunning than El Chapo and the Sinaloa cartel. Damn crafty furry!

If you can't notice a giant ape living near the pond who are you to say there are no beavers there? Also you claim to have been there twice. You wouldn't know the extent of the animals living there.

Your story sounds entirely made up. I've been hiking many times, my first inclination upon hearing a loud splashing sound would not be to freak out, shout about having a gun, and then flee. Especially not with an entire group of people.

People that easily scared do not hang out in the woods at night.

I've been to that pond MANY times day and night. This experience happened twice AT NIGHT. I spend for days a month out in the woods. I know what a beaver slap sounds like. It sounded like a boulder and it was big, I would guess at least the size of a basketball.

Maybe you wouldn't have gotten spooked, that is irrelevant, but it was near midnight on both occasions and we had been there a while both times and thought we were alone.

Getting trailed out was not a comfortable experience.

Did it look anything like this?

Bigfoot_or_Coincidence.jpg

If the accounts are to be believed then yes they are incredibly shy and secretive but can also be territorial and sometimes even seek out human interaction. If they exist there are individuals with different personalities.

It is thought that if you hear one or see one then most likely it wanted you to see it. Except in those chance sightings that happen in fast moving vehicles etc.

You just said they avoid human contact. Now you're saying they seek it out? If any animal species sought out human interaction there would be tons of evidence.

A mythical species that both avoids human interaction with stealthy ninja skills, and also seeks it out by being as loud as possible. Is only seen when it wants to be seen (in other words a ninja species that is smarter than humans), and conveniently it lets itself be photographed but only from far away and it knows instinctively which humans have shitty cameras so the image will be blurry.

The scenario you're describing is complete fantasy.

I've been to that pond MANY times day and night. This experience happened twice AT NIGHT. I spend for days a month out in the woods. I know what a beaver slap sounds like. It sounded like a boulder and it was big, I would guess at least the size of a basketball.

Maybe you wouldn't have gotten spooked, that is irrelevant, but it was near midnight on both occasions and we had been there a while both times and thought we were alone.

Getting trailed out was not a comfortable experience.

I don't believe you at all.

On one hand you're claiming to be an experienced woodsman.

On the other hand you're claiming to have instantly freaked out because you heard a large splashing noise by a lake.

This story doesn't add up. The person with the experience you're describing would be investigating the noise, not running from it.

[QUOTE="blaseblah, post: 133840935, member: 505365"]A Bigfoot agnostic would not instantly think of Bigfoot after hearing loud noises in the woods. They also would not choose Bigfoot as their username.[/QUOTE]

Did you read the TS? I think you did not.

On the other hand you're claiming to have instantly freaked out because you heard a large splashing noise by a lake.

This story doesn't add up. The person with the experience you're describing would be investigating the noise, not running from it.

I'm not chasing or investigating shit in the woods at night. I see or hear something weird, I'm fucking gone.

I dont mind if you dont believe me. I am not really asking for belief as I am agnostic on the whole situation. It would be helpful though if you actually read my posts carefully and got your facts straight for a discussion to happen though.

I did not clam to be an experienced woodsman. I am not. I spend about 4 days a month in the woods in a camper with lights heat and AC and go hiking and riding around on my ATV.

I'm not chasing or investigating shit in the woods at night. I see or hear something weird, I'm fucking gone.

This dude is claiming to have spent months at a time in the woods. Someone doing that would have heard tons of weird shit.

Agreed. I might investigate something like that under certain circumstances but the first time we just thought some people must be messing with us. The second time I had some youth under my care and got a little spooked in light of what happens the first time. Then to get trailed out like that...... hell yes I was scared.

Last thing you want to do is walk up on a bear in the middle of the night.

A human I don't think would have the strength or ability to break a bear dogs skull/jaw or slam it into a tree like Babe Ruth at Fenway.

You never met me before, brother.

*ashes cigarette*

This dude is claiming to have spent months at a time in the woods. Someone doing that would have heard tons of weird shit.

That is 3 times you have misstated the facts of my posts man. Can you read?

Agreed. I might investigate something like that under certain circumstances but the first time we just thought some people must be messing with us. The second time I had some youth under my care and got a little spooked in light of what happens the first time. Then to get trailed out like that...... hell yes I was scared.

Last thing you want to do is walk up on a bear in the middle of the night.

The 2 stories I shared on this thread came from individuals who weren't "attention seekers" by nature, if anything they both considered the experiences unsettling and were reluctant to speak to me out of fear of being mocked.

Back