Big Nog vs Daniel Cormier in legacy

i though big nog was going to be killed against big country. it almost happened.

Damn, got me. But to be fair there are enough stupid people here that there's probably someone out there...

LOL, once in a blue moon I troll around.

On a serious note, I do think Nog had the better legacy. The post in the earlier pages about that was my actual opinion.

As for a fight between Nog and Cormier?? Would be a great one!

All we know is that DC and Cain would steamroll every PRIDE fighter that was ever on their roster. Ring or cage. That's all that matters.

If we're talking about who is actually a better fighter, DC destroys prime juiced up PRIDE Fedor much less big Nog.

If we're talking about legacy, DC is undefeated as a HW, has only lost to a guy that's never been beaten at LHW, and he did all this against better competition.
His Legacy is MUCH better.

WTF is with all these old pride nuthuggers? Bro, this is 2018. LET IT THE FUCK GO.
I'm a huge fan of the early MMA days. I loved PRIDE as much as the next 40 year old dude that's into MMA, but let it go man. Saying Fedor or big Nog are better than Jones or DC is like saying Jim Brown and Dick Butkus were better than Eric Dickerson and Lawrence Taylor. There is an evolution period in all sports where huge differences in competition levels are made. In pro football it was the 1970's and 80's. In MMA, it's been the last 20 years. Accept it because that is reality.

Last edited:
All we know is that DC and Cain would steamroll every PRIDE fighter that was ever on their roster. Ring or cage. That's all that matters.
Based on what?
Their 10 HW fights in entire career, and only in environment that is optimal and tailor made for their characteristics?

You UFC fanboys are delusional and seduced by watching cage MMA for years.
DC and Cain are wrestlers with some dirty boxing added and they have game and skillset that is optimal and adjusted for american type of MMA with cage, unified rules and judging criteria that favours controll and clinching.
Put them in boxing ring with Pride rules, no elbows, no wire fence, gi allowed for their opponents, different judging criteria and much faster breaking of clinch by ref, and that changes the entire game significantly, and they lose many of their tools and advantages = they lose more fights.

Last edited:
He’s not dumb enough to stay in until he starts losing; this proving that not only is he the better fighter, but also the smarter fighter in preserving his legacy.

Case closed

My point isn't that, it's the fact that the more fights you have, the high chance you have of losing. A lot of these guys like Fedor, Nog, Cro Cop, etc. have 40+ fights. Regardless of when they fought their opponents, it's a different scenario compared to some guy who has 20 fights.

Or maybe I am just having a little too much fun in this thread, no one caught on yet lol. Come on! Who would actually believe Herring is a better wrestler than Cormier. Even as mixed martial artist Cormier is on another level.

Where is @Local Plata .....time to confess lol
Lmao, I facepalmed when I read that and bowed out lol.

My point isn't that, it's the fact that the more fights you have, the high chance you have of losing. A lot of these guys like Fedor, Nog, Cro Cop, etc. have 40+ fights. Regardless of when they fought their opponents, it's a different scenario compared to some guy who has 20 fights.

We’ll good for them

Lmao, I facepalmed when I read that and bowed out lol.

LOL...I hardly ever do that. With the Pride/UFC thing it was hard to resist. I remember 10 years ago reading those debates over and over and over...got to the point you get sick of it and just wanna have fun.

All joking aside, being a huge Pride fan I do have my own perceptions of the fighters. I honestly do believe that Big Nog was the best fighter out of all of the top 3 HWs. I think Fedor in his skill set was overated, I think his record made him out to be better than he really was. If he were to face the best HWs of recent times like Stipe, JDS, Cain, Overeem, Cormier, Barnett in his prime I think he would still do well but he would lose a few fights. I think Cro Cop was probably one of the more overated fighters of 2000's. Big Nog on the other hand I think is one of the three best HW's ever. In the Big Nog/Cormier fight I would still take Big Nog to win a UD but it would be a very close and competitive fight.

On the topic of the thread I think Big Nog has the better legacy simply cause of volume of fights and wins. I do think DC is one of the 10 best fighters skills wise to step into a mma fight. He just hasn't had a long enough career to show us more. I mean the guy has beaten almost every challenge in front of him.

What frustrated me about DCs career is that he had the potential to be the best HW ever and he sort of got the shaft from Cain and was forced to go to 205. What frustrates me about it is that Cain didn't even use that time to build his legacy between 2013 and 2018...he had two fights since then. Imagine DC fighting for the HW belt shortly after Cain lost it to Werdum? I think he would have beaten Werdum and defended the belt several times.

hmmm..DC´s best Quality Win is realistically either War Master (who was at the tail end of this physical prime, but still a great win, and an astonishine one for a rookie) or Miocic, whom I believe wont probably finish his career higher than War Master in the ATGs list.

Either way, Nog´s wins over Werdum or War Master (in their physical prime) top DC´s wins, realistically... (without even talkin´ about Nog´s wins over Sergei,Ricco,Crocop etc... and I wont even talk about his other wins, like the one over someone like Volk for instance, people wouldnt understand it in the Heavies, only in the Wordlwide, Im afraid...)
Mma hipster identified

Brb watching Rings bro

Brb I only watch DEEP and K-1 Max

Brb kazuyuki miyata is my favorite fighter and Arona would beat Jon Jones

hmmm..DC´s best Quality Win is realistically either War Master (who was at the tail end of this physical prime, but still a great win, and an astonishine one for a rookie) or Miocic, whom I believe wont probably finish his career higher than War Master in the ATGs list.

Either way, Nog´s wins over Werdum or War Master (in their physical prime) top DC´s wins, realistically... (without even talkin´ about Nog´s wins over Sergei,Ricco,Crocop etc... and I wont even talk about his other wins, like the one over someone like Volk for instance, people wouldnt understand it in the Heavies, only in the Wordlwide, Im afraid...)

*The Babyfaced Assassin

Can’t lose to frank murrrrr 2x in brutal fashion and be the 2nd greatest HW. DC and stipe are ahead of Nog easily.

Until DC fights Bob fucking Sapp at 350+ pounds of muscle, and submits him, it's big nog.

Well I know they both had/have a kryptonite. Jones is to DC what Fedor was to Nog.

Can’t lose to frank murrrrr 2x in brutal fashion and be the 2nd greatest HW. DC and stipe are ahead of Nog easily.

What importance does Mir have? He also lost to Brock, so who cares.

Based on what?
Their 10 HW fights in entire career, and only in environment that is optimal and tailor made for their characteristics?

You UFC fanboys are delusional and seduced by watching cage MMA for years.
DC and Cain are wrestlers with some dirty boxing added and they have game and skillset that is optimal and adjusted for american type of MMA with cage, unified rules and judging criteria that favours controll and clinching.
Put them in boxing ring with Pride rules, no elbows, no wire fence, gi allowed for their opponents, different judging criteria and much faster breaking of clinch by ref, and that changes the entire game significantly, and they lose many of their tools and advantages = they lose more fights.
NLFgIpE.gif

So basically, if they were to fight, it would have to be PRIDE rules so Fedor might have a slightly better chance scoring more points because of the judging criteria which was in place to create more exiting fights instead of pure dominance? Referee has to jump in to save Fedor by pulling off the bullies from the top? No elbows allowed? That's lucky for Fedor, but what about knees to the head from side control/north south position? Cain just might fuck Fedor up on the feet as well. Curious why Fedor/Nog or hardly any other fighter ever wore a GI if it's such an advantage? Cain/DC would get to wear wrestling shoes and get all juiced up!

DC and Cain are wrestlers with some dirty boxing
And a BJJ black belt

Old man Coleman and Randleman were ragdolling and taking Fedor down at will in the PRIDE ring until Fedor took advantage of their bad BJJ. LHW Arona was effective with the wrestling in the ring against Fedor as well. Fedor has never submitted a BJJ black belt or even brown belt in MMA, was unable to do it when Bigfoot Silva and Arona were on top of him.

Last edited:
So basically, if they were to fight, it would have to be PRIDE rules so Fedor might have a slightly better chance scoring more points because of the judging criteria which was in place to create more exiting fights instead of pure dominance? Referee has to jump in to save Fedor by pulling off the bullies from the top? No elbows allowed? That's lucky for Fedor, but what about knees to the head from side control/north south position? Cain just might fuck Fedor up on the feet as well. Curious why Fedor/Nog or hardly any other fighter ever wore a GI if it's such an advantage? Cain/DC would get to wear wrestling shoes and get all juiced up!

And a BJJ black belt

Old man Coleman and Randleman were ragdolling and taking Fedor down at will in the PRIDE ring until Fedor took advantage of their bad BJJ. LHW Arona was effective with the wrestling in the ring against Fedor as well. Fedor has never submitted a BJJ black belt or even brown belt in MMA, was unable to do it when Bigfoot Silva and Arona were on top of him.

Cain and DC would hardly get into side or n/s controll against such masters of ground game who have enormeous experience from BJJ, sambo, judo, ADCC & MMA and skills in scrambles, transitions and submissions. They would maybee get into full guard, but without elbows they would not be able to do much, and most likey get submitted or reversed. Also it is not so safe to shoot takedowns as in UFC, you miss one and you get your skull crushed by knees, stomps and soccer kicks of opponent who made sprawl, you are not proteced like in UFC.

Shogun Rua, Mutant Morais, Bonnar, Shoji, Allan Goes, Fontes Braga, Mario Neto, Sobral, Ninja Rua are all jiu jitsu black belts, and they were unable to submit Coleman and Randleman, and actually lost to them.

DC and Cain fought only 6 - 7 guys in their entire HW careers, and there is no claim for such statements, especially against fighters who have 2 - 3 times more quality HW wins than them.

Back