BIG FIGHT IN LITTLE OSAKA | IBF Super Bantamweight | WBO Light Flyweight | September 13

Sakuraba7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
DGd05msV0AEtGxl.jpg

(19-1) Yukinori Oguni vs Ryosuke Iwasa (23-2)
IBF Super Bantamweight title

(9-0) Kosei Tanaka vs Palangpol Chayanram (14-1)**(24-7)*
WBO Light Flyweight title

(50-2) Boonsom Lamsiri vs Shingo Wake (21-5-2)
Super Bantamweight

**according to Boxrec, which is missing fights!
*according to Japanese broadcast.

Last edited:
Delicious asian cuisine....

So this is in Osaka? I was planning to go there around this time but had to cancel my trip. Would gladly pay 5000 yen to see this.

Just watched the tanaka vs the Thai without any spoilers :) . Thai dude is tough as fuck. Despite him getting dropped, he kept swinging back lol. And is this tanaka's first time getting drop?

Will watch the main event later without any spoilers :)

tanaka has so much potential, skills to be great
but this was a sub par performance for him

It'll do, he won when not at his best got rounds in and can learn. I like this guy from what I've seen.

Palangpol looked devestated when the fight got stopped. Instead of rushing straight up he should use the count to gain composure.

On a second note, Boxrec is wrong about his record. He has had more fights, and one of his bouts was a WBA Asia title bout he won. None of which they have recorded. BOXREC seriously sucks ass when it comes to Asian fighters, even title fights.

They've even got WBA Asia fights listed as PABA title fights, and still haven't changed "WBC Eurasia Pacific Boxing Council" to 'WBA Asia' after the former split with the WBC a few years ago. Its a clusterfuck.

Just watched the tanaka vs the Thai without any spoilers :) . Thai dude is tough as fuck. Despite him getting dropped, he kept swinging back lol. And is this tanaka's first time getting drop?

Yeah, I was a bit surprised at how well he was able to stay in there. I've seen him wobbled by single punches in Muay Thai, and I was expecting Tanaka to take him out early.

About Palangpon: He's one of the best muay thai fighters of the last 10-15 years and still competes in Thailand at a high level.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised at how well he was able to stay in there. I've seen him wobbled by single punches in Muay Thai, and I was expecting Tanaka to take him out early.

About Palangpon: He's one of the best muay thai fighters of the last 10-15 years and still competes in Thailand at a high level.
Interesting, I'll check out his Muay Thai fight :).

look at this worldly ass :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Lol I live in Korea. I could there get for 60 bucks and a 3 hour flight. It would've been an awesome trip if I could've made it. Watch awesome fights, eat awesome Ramen, but I'm poor.

Palangpol very tough and might have survived but Ref had seen enough to consider calling it. Pal went down hard at first due to a well timed shot. Pal was not defending very well and absorbing shots. There was still a fair amount of time left in the round. If the end of the round closer perhaps could have let it go.

Pal looked dangerous through out the fight and Tanaka's face showed he took some hard shots.

Tough call for Pal but in boxing that was a reasonable decision by the Ref. Given the circumstances.

The arena attendance looked not very full . First floor a maybe 80 % and second floor 20%. Did not see the attendance count but it was a prime time TV spot so good for them.

Lol I live in Korea. I could there get for 60 bucks and a 3 hour flight. It would've been an awesome trip if I could've made it. Watch awesome fights, eat awesome Ramen, but I'm poor.
Sorry dude, that would've been a good one to see.

Palangpol looked devestated when the fight got stopped. Instead of rushing straight up he should use the count to gain composure.

On a second note, Boxrec is wrong about his record. He has had more fights, and one of his bouts was a WBA Asia title bout he won. None of which they have recorded. BOXREC seriously sucks ass when it comes to Asian fighters, even title fights.

They've even got WBA Asia fights listed as PABA title fights, and still haven't changed "WBC Eurasia Pacific Boxing Council" to 'WBA Asia' after the former split with the WBC a few years ago. Its a clusterfuck.

the thai has dangerous 1 punch KO power.
but to be honest many thais who come from muay thai backgrounds (in the higher ranks) in boxing have also
that is kind of 1 punch, feet planted wide, style. maybe boxers from traditional backgrounds are not as used to fighting these thais.

i think tanaka is so much more skilled than his opponent, but he had just a short mental lapse. which is something he cant do in the future.. at that level. i'm sure he's realised.

just to note
TANAKA suffered broken orbitals in both eyes
which explains him flinching in the early rounds

but stayed poised, didn't lose his technique and speed

that's a tough dude (wonder what kell brook thinks..)

Back