Big D: Crawford vs Felix Diaz May 20

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Crazy that Felix Diaz was the last choice but was forced to pick because Orozco, Imam, and Granados were unavailable

Felix is good but he's too small and Bud is just better. Crawford jabs the shit out of him for about 5rds then stops him in the 7th. Fun fight though.

I'm not up on Felix Diaz, who we got here? A live dog or no? I'll look him over eventually myself, but are there any threats he poses in a fight with Crawford?

Meh, I'd like to see a better opponent for a guy who is in most people's top 5 P4P.

some quick math here: boxrec has Diaz at 33 y/o + DR factor = 37 y/o.

Crazy that Felix Diaz was the last choice but was forced to pick because Orozco, Imam, and Granados were unavailable

Also, lol at those choices they had BEFORE Diaz. Amir Imam? come on, Terence.

Top Rank gonna Top Rank.
Meanwhile everyone else is trying to make fight of the years.
Im surprised Top Rank didnt consider the car shop owner Crawford roughed up for holding his car hostage.
"You know there is real bad blood and history there"

Amir Imam?
Imam may be one of Crawford's mandatories, for some strange reason, in spite of only having one fight since he lost.

Diaz isn't a bad opponent. I'm sure how likely it is that he beats Crawford because he doesn't have the highest workrate, but I could see him making Crawford look bad in spots. Not a bad choice in a division where there isn't a ton out there right now.

Diaz is an unknown thats good at making people look bad in boring fights.

Actually now that I think about it, this fight is gonna be terribly boring.

Diaz is an unknown thats good at making people look bad in boring fights.

Actually now that I think about it, this fight is gonna be terribly boring.

Diaz wasn't boring against Vasquez.

Diaz wasn't boring against Vasquez.
Hes exciting in spots against Sammy, just like he was against Peterson.

He moves to the corner, makes you miss, then moves to the next corner, makes you miss, repeat, until you are finally off guard and he'll throw some punches.

Hes exciting in spots against Sammy, just like he was against Peterson.

He moves to the corner, makes you miss, then moves to the next corner, makes you miss, repeat, until you are finally off guard and he'll throw some punches.

He walked Vasquez down and beat him up on the inside for most of their fight. Pretty much the opposite of what you just described (which wouldn't be a wholly unreasonable description of what he did against Peterson). His fight against Granados wasn't bad, either.

Back