BETTER CALL SAUL: Season 4 Discussion (No Spoilers)

I've been wondering when Nacho was going to meet his maker. He's a bad guy but still a fairly likable character. Sounds like his time is coming to an end. Curious to see how it all goes down.

I still have hope for Nacho, I'm hoping he makes it out of all this alive.

Watching Episode 2 right now. The job interview sales talk + meltdown shows what a great actor Bob O. is. He is fucking stellar.

On topic, I sort of have an issue with the Lydia (sp) timeline -in BB by time she’s introduced in the show it’s pretty clear she has no idea who Mike is.. but now they’ve been introduced and Mike is name dropping her in random corporate offices while trying to tighten up security.

Imo they should be trying to wrap this show up this season or with one more season, I feel like the show is starting to drag out. There’s more than enough already to set up all the BB stuff and Jimmy becoming Saul.

Also, (I think I predicted this in other seasons) but I think Kim is going to fuck Jimmy over by way of cheating somehow.. or maybe she gets busted running one of those scams that Jimmy introduced her to and they showed her dabbling with on her own..

I'd like to see them wrap up the BB prequel stuff this season and then a season of Gene the Cinnabun guy

Although I find the Gus Fring/Madrigal/Mike stuff entertaining, the Saul and Kim centric stuff were more intriguing this episode. I'm more interested to see how Saul screws up their relationship and pushes her away.

On topic, I sort of have an issue with the Lydia (sp) timeline -in BB by time she’s introduced in the show it’s pretty clear she has no idea who Mike is.. but now they’ve been introduced and Mike is name dropping her in random corporate offices while trying to tighten up security.

Imo they should be trying to wrap this show up this season or with one more season, I feel like the show is starting to drag out. There’s more than enough already to set up all the BB stuff and Jimmy becoming Saul.

Also, (I think I predicted this in other seasons) but I think Kim is going to fuck Jimmy over by way of cheating somehow.. or maybe she gets busted running one of those scams that Jimmy introduced her to and they showed her dabbling with on her own..
I don't remember that Lydia didn't know Mike.

BCS is usually really good with being consistent with BB.

i thought this past episode was great.
poor howard didn't deserve the shit that kim put him through. not howard's fault that chuck is an asshole, and still an asshole even in the grave.
and goddamn nacho.

i thought this past episode was great.
poor howard didn't deserve the shit that kim put him through. not howard's fault that chuck is an asshole, and still an asshole even in the grave.
and goddamn nacho.

Howard's a dick too.

yeah episode 2 was pretty good. still not much happened, but it was good. better than the season premier

yeah episode 2 was pretty good. still not much happened, but it was good. better than the season premier
I could not disagree more. I think this was the best episode of BCS.

I can't wait for Jimmy to start practicing law again as SG.

It would suck to die the way Nacho's partner died.

How does Nacho finally get his? I bet it is while saving his Dad's life. Or, he may whisper in Hector's ear what he did to him then Hector learns to spell with the bell and tells Tuco.

Kim was correct about Howard. Did he really have to tell Jimmy how Chuck died? Kim kicks ass.

Chuck is the biggest dick of all time. I hope he fell off the chair and started to burn from the feet up.

Jimmy is going to steal the little figurine worth 8K from the copier dude.

Last edited:
I thought it was a great episode. It's really starting to show Jimmy morph more into Saul I think. I loved his scene with the copier guys....LOL. How he totally played them and then was like "You guys are complete idiots!". His speech about sales was awesome.

I still think Howard is getting screwed in all this, though I guess he didn't have to tell Jimmy that he thought it was suicide. I like Kim more and more as the series goes on. I find her super hot too.

I think the Nacho / Gus / Hector storyline is amazing. I actually find that story line more interesting partially b/c I"m a huge fan of Gus's character. One of the baddest richest men in the area and he also sweeps up trash in the Chicken Brothers' parking lot. Nacho has been one of my favorite characters too b/c of his depth. He's one of those grey area characters.

I don't think Ignacio dies. Somehow Saul is connected to Ignacio's fate. During BB when Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul, Saul believes it's in retaliation to something he and Ignacio are involved in. "It wasn't me, it was Nacho!" Though the comment is vague, it still leads me to believe Nacho is alive as Saul was trying to save his own hide by putting who he believes is the true target. If Nacho was dead, then why would it matter any more?

I thought it was a great episode. It's really starting to show Jimmy morph more into Saul I think. I loved his scene with the copier guys....LOL. How he totally played them and then was like "You guys are complete idiots!". His speech about sales was awesome.

I still think Howard is getting screwed in all this, though I guess he didn't have to tell Jimmy that he thought it was suicide. I like Kim more and more as the series goes on. I find her super hot too.

I think the Nacho / Gus / Hector storyline is amazing. I actually find that story line more interesting partially b/c I"m a huge fan of Gus's character. One of the baddest richest men in the area and he also sweeps up trash in the Chicken Brothers' parking lot. Nacho has been one of my favorite characters too b/c of his depth. He's one of those grey area characters.

Why does everyone thing Howard is getting screwed? The guy is just as much of a dick as anyone else. When he was reading the obituary to Jimmy in the first episode, he was being a dick on purpose halfway through the call.

Why does everyone thing Howard is getting screwed? The guy is just as much of a dick as anyone else. When he was reading the obituary to Jimmy in the first episode, he was being a dick on purpose halfway through the call.

Ya...looking back I guess he isn't getting screwed. The guy is a shyster for sure. He has no problem ripping people off. Plus he never really dared to stand up to Chuck until the very end. I just don't think he's as bad as Jimmy and Kim make him out to be.

The suffocation scene reminded me of the scene where Gus slits Victors throat. Love to see Gus get violent dudes really fucked in the head.

I could not disagree more. I think this was the best episode of BCS.

This WAS episode 2. I said it was good and better than the premier. So we're saying the same thing here. Nothing much actually happened, event-wise, until the last minute. But I was still interested throughout the whole episode....that might be the only time I've said that about this show. Watching Jimmy at the interview was great. Even watching Kim come down on Howard was great. And of course the stuff with Gus at the end was pretty cool.

I don't remember that Lydia didn't know Mike.

BCS is usually really good with being consistent with BB.

Lydia definitely knew Mike. The first time we see them meet in BB (the diner), Mike tells her, "Haven't I told you not to woory about that?" when she asks who killed Gus...implying they'd already spoken.

Most obvious timeline discrepancy is that Mike's granddaughter shouldn't be more than 4 or 5 years old.

They basically made her the same age she is 5-6 years in the future. That's fine for middle aged folks and seniors, but 4 to 10 is basically two different people.

I don't think Ignacio dies. Somehow Saul is connected to Ignacio's fate. During BB when Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul, Saul believes it's in retaliation to something he and Ignacio are involved in. "It wasn't me, it was Nacho!" Though the comment is vague, it still leads me to believe Nacho is alive as Saul was trying to save his own hide by putting who he believes is the true target. If Nacho was dead, then why would it matter any more?

I thought Walt killed Nacho in BB. Wasn't he the guy they had chained in Walt's basement in the first season?

I thought Walt killed Nacho in BB. Wasn't he the guy they had chained in Walt's basement in the first season?

That was Krazy 8. Krazy 8 can actually be seen in BCS. He sells deals and drugs for Nacho and ultimately Hector. Hector tells Nacho to give him a beatdown b/c Krazy 8 was short money 1 week. He was wearing his Tampico furniture shirt I believe :)

That was Krazy 8. Krazy 8 can actually be seen in BCS. He sells deals and drugs for Nacho and ultimately Hector. Hector tells Nacho to give him a beatdown b/c Krazy 8 was short money 1 week. He was wearing his Tampico furniture shirt I believe :)

Ah ok.

Back