BETTER CALL SAUL: Season 4 Discussion (No Spoilers)

Going to break my rule and post here before the season is over.

Rhea Seehorn was fucking spectacular tonight.

This was one of the best episodes of the series, and she had the best scene.

Spec-fucking-tacular.

BCS%2B-%2BThere%2Bis%2Bnothing%2Byou%2Bcan%2Bdo.%2B%2528HQ%2529.gif

I really feel for Howard now. I don't think he knows how to deal with Chuck's death and the egg shells you have to walk on with Jimmy. Now he(the lawyer) has to take the brunt of Jimmy's contempt towards his brother? It was in his will, and Howard was being the Lawyer he's supposed to be, regardless of how heartless Chuck is. And bringing up how Chuck died, well, it would be really weird for him to know and Jimmy to find out years later. Then the question would be "why didn't you tell me earlier?" it's lose-lose. Kim obviously has a reason to have real beef with Howard, and I think she's taking Jimmy's anger for Chuck and her's out on him. But that's the type of girl that would stick with you through thick and thin. I bet she dies towards the end of the series. Unless Jimmy really fucks this one up because she seems in it to win it.

Ya Howard got owned, but I feel like Chuck was the biggest piece of shit to his brother. Unacceptable behavior to your own brother regardless of an slippin Jimmy stuff.

Howard's gonna an hero

Kim have me a boner with that rant but I'm really starting to feel bad for the guy

Lydia definitely knew Mike. The first time we see them meet in BB (the diner), Mike tells her, "Haven't I told you not to woory about that?" when she asks who killed Gus...implying they'd already spoken.

Most obvious timeline discrepancy is that Mike's granddaughter shouldn't be more than 4 or 5 years old.

They basically made her the same age she is 5-6 years in the future. That's fine for middle aged folks and seniors, but 4 to 10 is basically two different people.

You know, I forgot all about Lydia’s ‘list’ that she approached Mike with in BB. I think that was the 1st time they were on screen together. So I was off on them not knowing each other in that show.

You know, I forgot all about Lydia’s ‘list’ that she approached Mike with in BB. I think that was the 1st time they were on screen together. So I was off on them not knowing each other in that show.

The conflict between them was enormous.

Spec-fucking-tacular.

I didn't like that scene. It didn't make any sense to me and I thought she overacted, lol.

I didn't like that scene. It didn't make any sense to me and I thought she overacted, lol.
I don't feel that way. She had a lot of pent up anger at Howard over the last couple seasons and I think that came out with it.

Spec-fucking-tacular.

Yeah, holy shit. That scene was absolutely amazing! Fucking brilliant performance. This show really is a gem. The acting is so incredibly good across the board. Really all the main cast (and supporting cast) are doing such a tremendous job.
I hope Rhea wins an award for this scene, she deserves it. But then again, I don't think Chuck won an award last season so I'm not sure it's gonna happen.

Yeah, holy shit. That scene was absolutely amazing! Fucking brilliant performance. This show really is a gem. The acting is so incredibly good across the board. Really all the main cast (and supporting cast) are doing such a tremendous job.
I hope Rhea wins an award for this scene, she deserves it. But then again, I don't think Chuck won an award last season so I'm not sure it's gonna happen.

I hope we get to read the note from Chuck next week.

It blew me away.

When you could see she was building up to explode, I had no idea what was coming, because it could have been a hundred different things. I didn't expect that rant because I completely misread her expression from last week after Jimmy's non-reaction.

Man, there was so much good stuff this week. Not a wasted second.

Jimmy's scenes? Fantastic.

Nacho's scenes? Fantastic. Super intense.

Gus? Fantastic. Boss.

Mike? Awesome. Large and in charge. You are mine.

Kim? Out of this world. Nothing. There is nothing you can do.

This really was an incredible episode.

Finally saw episode 2.

Show is God tier

Any ideas what happens to Nacho? I'd like to think he gets out and he and his dad make a new life for themselves but wish in one hand shit in the other...

For some reason I thought Arturo was in BB so I didn't think what would happen happened. But that was intense.

Mike and Gus are beasts.. .Too bad we know Gustavo and Hector get blown the fuck up.. That's a big buzkill for me and puts all the los pollos hermanos stuff hype down a big notch.

Watching Episode 2 right now. The job interview sales talk + meltdown shows what a great actor Bob O. is. He is fucking stellar.

For my money, Bob Odenkirk has taken the torch from Robin Williams as the best actor from comedy to cross over and reach the same heights in drama. His range in that regard is incredible.

I'd like to see them wrap up the BB prequel stuff this season and then a season of Gene the Cinnabun guy

This has been my pipe dream since season 2. When they finally catch up to BB's timeline, we need a final, full Gene season, preferably in all black & white. If anyone has the balls to do something like that, it's Vince Gilligan & Co., although for some reason I doubt it will happen. We'll see.

I don't think Ignacio dies. Somehow Saul is connected to Ignacio's fate. During BB when Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul, Saul believes it's in retaliation to something he and Ignacio are involved in. "It wasn't me, it was Nacho!" Though the comment is vague, it still leads me to believe Nacho is alive as Saul was trying to save his own hide by putting who he believes is the true target. If Nacho was dead, then why would it matter any more?

I don't think Nacho dies either, but it's just a hunch, and maybe wishful thinking, because I like him. The BB scene leaves it completely open though, there is no telling from that. When Saul says to Walt & Jesse "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio", he could just as easily be blaming a dead man for ... whatever ... or sending them after someone who is alive. There is just no way to tell.

Back