Betsey DeVos to end college sexual assault witch hunts

klnOmega

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449759/betsy-devos-campus-sexual-assault-end-kangaroo-courts
http://newsok.com/article/5557485

Betsey DeVos is looking in to rolling back Obama's Title IX guidelines governing how schools are treat cases of sexual misconduct. Under Obama's 2011 guidelines, schools are to use a "preponderance of evidence", i.e., more like than not (>50%) as their guideline, instead of "clear and convincing evidence" that the legal system uses. Furthermore, Obama's guidelines stated that cross-examination is traumatizing to the accuser, and as such, recommends that the accused never be allowed to confront or question their accuser. Many schools have also adopted a practice of not contacting police in sexual assault cases, in order to encourage victims to come forward.

Lets all put the party bullshit aside for a second, and agree that these rules were bullshit. Colleges aren't equipped to handle rape investigations at all. . That shit requires trained experts and law enforcement. Furthermore, if college kids are out raping, they should be in prison, not getting suspensions. Its ridiculous to think that law enforcement shouldn't be involved when students are accusing each other of crimes.

She just wants to rape college students. Am I doing it right?

But seriously, burden of proof and all that.

Whatever Obama did, fuck it.

If it was a good idea fuck it harder.

Lets all put the party bullshit aside for a second, and agree that these rules were bullshit. Colleges aren't equipped to handle rape investigations at all. . That shit requires trained experts and law enforcement. Furthermore, if college kids are out raping, they should be in prison, not getting suspensions. Its ridiculous to think that law enforcement shouldn't be involved when students are accusing each other of crimes.

Especially sexual assault or rape cases must be some of the hardest to investigate. Because you usually only have two witnesses.
I have read somewhere that sometimes the people involved were interviewed by the Janitor (not sure that is true).

Those allegations should be taken seriously while at the same time be investigated by professionals.
That can only be in everyone's interest.

"UnderObama's 2011 guidelines, schools are to use a "preponderance of evidence", i.e., more like than not (>50%) as their guideline, instead of "clear and convincing evidence" that the legal system uses."

Last edited by a moderator:
"UnderObama's 2011 guidelines, schools are to use a "preponderance of evidence", i.e., more like than not (>50%) as their guideline, instead of "clear and convincing evidence" that the legal system uses."

I swear you're fucking retarded.

Reported for uncalled for foul language

Good.

I don't have much faith in DeVos, but this is a good step in righting some very wrong legislation.

Good.

I don't have much faith in DeVos, but this is a good step in righting some very wrong legislation.
Most likely I bet she's undoing it because its an Obama policy and undoing his legacy, for better or for worse, seems to be the main priority of the GOP right now. But nonetheless, its good that she's at least using partisan politics to roll back some bad policies.

Well at least she didn't start handing out rape vouchers.

Rape is still a pretty serious crime, right? Who the hell ever thought it was a good idea for schools to handle their own criminal investigations, required no proof, and the penalty for a rape was a school suspension?

Most likely I bet she's undoing it because its an Obama policy and undoing his legacy, for better or for worse, seems to be the main priority of the GOP right now. But nonetheless, its good that she's at least using partisan politics to roll back some bad policies.

Or just because its a shit policy.

She wants to increase Charter rapes.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449759/betsy-devos-campus-sexual-assault-end-kangaroo-courts
http://newsok.com/article/5557485

Betsey DeVos is looking in to rolling back Obama's Title IX guidelines governing how schools are treat cases of sexual misconduct. Under Obama's 2011 guidelines, schools are to use a "preponderance of evidence", i.e., more like than not (>50%) as their guideline, instead of "clear and convincing evidence" that the legal system uses. Furthermore, Obama's guidelines stated that cross-examination is traumatizing to the accuser, and as such, recommends that the accused never be allowed to confront or question their accuser. Many schools have also adopted a practice of not contacting police in sexual assault cases, in order to encourage victims to come forward.

Why is the right so pro rape? Is it that hard for y'all to get laid?

Thank God. This was some truly hateful policy and one of Obama's biggest mistakes. Though it was kind of par for the course when he declared himself a feminist and started using doctored stats in speeches.

I get the sentiment... but you can sit back and realize those guidelines (even though I was not even aware of them) are shit
Let the police handle rape not colleges

Why is the right so pro rape? Is it that hard for y'all to get laid?

At this point the left is being beaten out so bad you could call it rape. The left is a bunch a losers and the right keeps on winning. I haven't seen a beating this bad since Rodney King.

Back