Best & worst boxing in K-1 and K-1 MAX

Defense is part of boxing. Petrosyan doesn't get hit much because he doesn't stand in front of guys and combo spam like everyone else does. So what if he pot shots, Mayweather does too.

Exactly. Animalfan can't see through his rockemsockem agenda, as usual.

He pot shots/never commits and almost never throws combinations...Plus he wouldn't be as good if he wasn't a southpaw.

Meh.......Getting bored of Petrosyan

The fact he is able to outbox and hit his opponents easily without using combinations shows how good his boxing is.

Why is Andy Hug one of the worst?

Because he started kickboxing when he was 28, he had the unorthodox kicks and the biggest heart in K-1 ever, but had the worst boxing which somewhat developed over his career in K-1.
Tl;dr Andy Hug comes from Kyokushin

^^ Gotta agree with the ones above. Remy's hands were respected by noone. Surprisingly enough he dropped quite a lot of people in the end of his career Zimmerman, Hari, Schilt. Makes you wonder...

actually Hari took a dive to avoid having his head chopped off by the flying knee that followed. replace him with Overeem who was caught clean in the K-1 part of their judo contest.

what's amazing is how far Remy went without punching. his jab was the headkick and his hook the flying knee.

actually Hari took a dive to avoid having his head chopped off by the flying knee that followed. replace him with Overeem who was caught clean in the K-1 part of their judo contest.

what's amazing is how far Remy went without punching. his jab was the headkick and his hook the flying knee.

Actually it was a knockdown; Badr Hari got hit with a left and went down. You can clearly see it in the slow-motion replay. It was a flying kick that followed, while Badr was going down.

I'm not seeing it right now, but last time I saw it - several times on slow motion - I was pretty convinced Hari took a dive.

IIRC he was a bit rocked and his body shows that he opted to fall instead of trying to defend the undefendable. of course it was a knockdown. anyone who didn't watch the slo-mo replay a hundred times saw a punch and a guy going down.

and yes Remy's blow was that flying kick where he used to stretch his shin mid-air. classic shit!

Here's the fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J80Pk7eRwbg

2:26 - The knockdown. You can actually hear the impact.

3:48 - Start of slow-motion replays.

4:18 - Best angle replay.

Dive or not I believe it belongs in that list, just like the Overeem knockdown, as you pointed out.

thanks. I always love watching that fight. professional fighter vs. street thug: Remy 2x0;

and yeah Hari even raises his hands and dodges the flying kick as he goes down. sure it belongs though, just like discussing all-things-Remy!

Francois Botha, Ray Mercer, Arthur Williams... wait, am I doing this right? :D

In seriousness im suprised JWP hasn't been mentioned here since people are listing previous K1 fighters. Considering he had 13 pro boxing bouts including fighting Sakio Bika! 10 wins by ko according to boxrec. He must have a legit claim to some of the best!?!

K1 Max best: Zambidis, Roosmalen, Masato.....Kraus honorable mention

K1 Heavyweights: Bernardo and Saki

Saki but not Hari? Hari demolished it using only the box. This is not just about technique.

Le banner, Mirko Cro Cop, Badr Hari, Ray Sefo

Best

ΜΑΧ: Ζambidis, Masato, Kraus.

HW: Badr Hari, Gohkan Saki, Mike Bernardo.

I don't mention Roosmalen because he is not part of K-1 history.

Worst: Kido, Sato, Kojiro.

HW: Bonjasky Schilt. There is no reason to mentionbad fighters. I choose the worst punch-er from the best kick boxers.

Petrosyan and Kyshenko impress me the most with their boxing skills. Petrosyan is just a virtuoso when it comes to head movement, timing, distance and pacing and Kyshenko has the most solid punching technique especially in terms of body punching.

I'm surprised that no one has posted 4 the worst boxing has 2 be one of them Francisco Filho.

In seriousness im suprised JWP hasn't been mentioned here since people are listing previous K1 fighters. Considering he had 13 pro boxing bouts including fighting Sakio Bika! 10 wins by ko according to boxrec. He must have a legit claim to some of the best!?!

agreed, knocked out zambo.

Masato is quick, but he doesn't use angles as well as Petrosyan

so... best boxers
Masato
Zambidis
Petrosyan
Kraus

Worst in K1
Kid Yamamoto, I'm judging mainly from that fight with Masato, he has power, but no punching technique.

Masato's boxing was as prominent in K-1 as Buakaw's kicking game. Masayo excelled at boxing, had a great combination of power, speed and precision. Said this, nothing beats the all-around greatness of Petrosyan. He movement is the best, has the best timing and reflexes, and the best defense.

1. Petrosyan
2. Masato
3. Zambidis/Kraus

Sherdog: where one guy says Hug has the worst boxing in K-1, yet he KO'd Sefo with his hands, a guy whom another poster said has the best boxing.
You're like 4 years late on that reply, buddy...

Back