Best way to start recovering after being sick

AboveThisFire

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just thought I'd get some advice on how to start back to recovering lost strength etc after being sick, been out of the gym and off the BJJ mats for about 2 weeks and have been struggling to put enough calories into my body so I don't lose too much weight so my diet has been pretty off.

Anyone have a good strategy for fast recovery?

Thanks.

I'm sure others can give you a better answer, but I would suggest to just start light again as soon as you can eat enough. Usually once you can eat enough again it means that you have probably recovered enough that you can get away with training again. This is just me assuming, so I can't tell you for sure but I would say it's a good indicator.

For me, i always jump into the deep end after being sick by doing 2 a days to rebuild my stamina and strength. sucks at first but itll get ya back faster than by taking it slow, just make sure youre not still sick or most likely your immune system will still be at risk. Get better, then jump back into it.

Got back in the gym today, so depressing :(

All my lifts are down, arms and legs feel like jello, core is soft, sweating a lot... bah

So depressing, building back up always sucks. Sorry for whining, just pissed off at my shit performance in the gym today.

Ive been lifting for almost 3 years now.. I didn't start lifting the proper way until last June. But the times Ive been sick I find that just getting on the treadmill and sweating it out is a good way to bounce back.

Whenever I feel like I'm going to get sick I go for a jog.

As for the weights Id say just start off slow and get back at it. I'm assuming that this isn't news to you but some regular vitamins can help you not get sick.

All my lifts are down, arms and legs feel like jello, core is soft, sweating a lot... bah

So depressing, building back up always sucks. Sorry for whining, just pissed off at my shit performance in the gym today.

Dont worry dude i'm sure by next week you'll be back up again, i have sessions like when i'm not sick...

whenever im just starting to get over being sick, I slam tons of orange juice, a container a day for two days, and you'll feel great afterwards. Fucking love OJ.

From just 2 weeks of not lifting? :icon_conf

Ive been lifting for almost 3 years now.. I didn't start lifting the proper way until last June. But the times Ive been sick I find that just getting on the treadmill and sweating it out is a good way to bounce back.

Whenever I feel like I'm going to get sick I go for a jog.

As for the weights Id say just start off slow and get back at it. I'm assuming that this isn't news to you but some regular vitamins can help you not get sick.

+1 for this. Even if I haven't regained my appetite, I'll go do some very low intensity jogging/walking, just so I can get a good sweat going. I often find that my appetite will increase after one of these sessions.

Back