Best spot to see Kickboxing/Lethwei in Yangon, Myanmar?

FootstompShonie

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I am vacationing in a Thailand/Laos/Myanmar right now (Yangon next stop) and was wondering if anyone knew the best place to see Kickboxing/Lethwei in the city?

In Thailand I've learned there is a lot of fake fight cards as well so it's important to find the right stadium/card, wondering if that is an issue in Myanmar or not.

As far as I know there is no fight stadium in Luang Prabang the only spot in visiting in Laos but if that isn't the case would be a helpful tip.

Hoping this is the right place to post this just thought my fellow Sherdoggers would know the best spots.

I am way out of touch but I don't think there are any big shows coming up until mid-July in Yangon. You just missed one this past weekend but I'm not sure how good it was - I fell asleep and my PVR sh*t the bed. Mid-July is the annual 'Golden Belt' shows that are usually pretty good.

You can check out this facebook page - he is usually good about posting all of the big upcoming events though it's all in Burmese : https://www.facebook.com/mmLethwei/

If you're here by Friday there's the One Championship show going down - aside from a handful of fighters it's filled with lethwei guys.

Stop by the Phoenix Gym which is centrally located or wander around downtown until you see some lethwei posters and ask around. If you have any other questions, hit me back and I will try to find out the answers for you.

in Yangon fights are usually held at Thein Pyu Stadium. I like it as the seating is very good. The other stadium is Thuwunna Indoor stadium. You check into Phoenix club or Thut Ti club since you can probably find someone who speaks english, can take one class if you like and see if there are any fights.

Just want to point out that @FootstompShonie is an excellent name and I still break out those quotes IRL today. "Don't forget about those foot stomps, there ya go! Gooooood!"

They just had the ONE FC fights in yangon. Would have been cool to see. Also friday june 30th they had a card in Thein Pyu stadium at 2pm. Gold Belt Championships coming up in July but don't see a date.

Back