Best short guard passers to study?

MMouse

Now you enter...the shredder
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the the top guard passers who are relatively short?

short by there weight? certain guys are short but tall or average for there weight division marcelo garcia would be someone whos short for his division who passes well based off his stocky body type and heavy hips

Even if he is 5'7" in a weight class of 5'2", his game isn't developed solely for his weight class.

Speaking of short guard passers where has my man Justin Rader been? Any recent matches ? I know he has been doing some MMA.

barbosa is a short guy and a "passer"

short by there weight? certain guys are short but tall or average for there weight division marcelo garcia would be someone whos short for his division who passes well based off his stocky body type and heavy hips

5'5 and under

Speaking of short guard passers where has my man Justin Rader been? Any recent matches ? I know he has been doing some MMA.
He was supposed to do ADCC but had to pull out last minute and got replaced by Nicky Ryan.

Outside of MMA he's done some F2W events in the past year or two. He lost decisions in very fun matches against Jeff Glover and Garry Tonon, but then he won a decision against Bruno Frazatto. The win against Frazatto is a big win and I didn't see anyone talking about it anywhere. Rader is slept on.

Edit: He just subbed Matt Vernon last night at F2W with that diving guillotine that he loves.

He had a ridiculously painful looking reverse guillotine sub last year too.

https://www.flograppling.com/video/5830349-justin-rader-decapi-rader-choke

Last edited:
Marcelo Garcia and Andre Galvao are both relatively short for the respective weight classes.They both have world class guard passing and use a good variety of passes and passing strategies.

Bruno Malfacine comes to mind overall as the shortest great guard passer than I know of.

Back