Best psychological warfare in MMA history?

James Edwart

Longdongus
@Yellow
Reaction score
I like Conor McGregor, he really can make fighters overcommit. But i think Anderson Silva is superior in that department, dude couldn't (and still can barely) speak english and always scared the shit out of his opponents, bar maybe roided Sonnen, who folded twice anyways. Even Daniel Cormier admitted to being awestruck by him, and Derek Brunson was scared shitless to even strike with him.

Any other fighters you would like to mention?

In anderson's case, the guy was simply so good that fighters didn't want to strike with him, but I don't think it was because of psychological warfare (he did taunt them during the fights tho). Colon is, without a doubt, the best at it. To make aldo and alvarez fight that way and ignore the gameplan...

I think garbrandt is also good at it (he made cruz come at him without him noticing) but we need to see how this tj fight goes. Cruz frustrated the fuck out of tj as well.

I like Conor McGregor, he really can make fighters overcommit. But i think Anderson Silva is superior in that department, dude couldn't (and still can barely) speak english and always scared the shit out of his opponents, bar maybe roided Sonnen, who folded twice anyways. Even Daniel Cormier admitted to being awestruck by him, and Derek Brunson was scared shitless to even strike with him.

Any other fighters you would like to mention?

With Silvia, it was his attributes, reflexes, reach, etc. With Conor it's his mouth.

Lyoto Machida.
He's such a nice guy that for ages his opponents didn't want to hit him.

It's a common misconception that his karate enabled him to dodge attacks.

Ronda terrified those girls up until HH.

Silva for sure. I’ve never seen so many guys go in there and freeze fighting him. They were terrified to engage.

Sonnen and Weidman were the first guys that showed him no respect.

Fedor was the definition of the calm before the storm.

No emotion just destruction.

His face after Randleman tried to kill him looked like a math teacher solving a problem.

That has to shake guys.

Conor. His psychological warfare (vs Aldo) traversed language barriers ffs.

Dan Hardy was good back in the day. He seriously got to Marcus whatshisname before they fought

As much as it pains me to say it, gotta go with conor vs aldo, that was straight destruction on every level

I have never been a big fan of shit talk before the fights, but Conor puts pressure on guys and is comfortable in the spotlight.

Conor. His psychological warfare (vs Aldo) traversed language barriers ffs.

Definitely this.

Conor permanently changed Aldo's long-standing reputation from ice cold gangster to over-emotional bitter guy in one press tour. And took his belt because of it.

Vitor looked visibly shaken when Andy put the mask on

Usually fighters don't seem effected but you could see it in Belforts eyes

Nick Diaz deserves a mention. He's been getting into guys head and making them fight his fight for more than 10 years.

Dare i say it Tony Ferguson ? Who has mentally cracked Tony ? People have tried and failed.

Everyone thought Kevin would have the advantage there also but it clearly wasn't the case.

Conor is obviously the clear leader.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back