Best Performance in UFC history?

Frye vs Takayama, technical showdown chess match despite not being in the UFC.

Last edited:
Honestly Khalil Rountree has put on some showcases in recent years

My other personal favourites -

Werdum v Travis Browne 1 and 2

Arlovski v Travis Browne
Khalil vs Anders was a masterclass.

Penn/Sanchez at UFC 107.

BJ dropped him with the first punch he landed. Outstruck him 149 to 8 and defended all 27 takedown attempts. Then he finished him with a head kick in the fifth. It's an all time beatdown on par with Jones/Shogun.

It deserved more attention.

BJ whooped dat ass in that fight, made it look easy tbh.

There’s lots to pick from but Machida vs Rashad was a pretty crazy one. Don’t even remember Rashad landing a single strike on machida, had 0 success with wrestling and looked amateur in there while being the LHW champ.

And that was the fight that produced "Shadface" ...and that makes it even more epic lol

Hendo skull fucking nate diaz comes to mind or izzy vs. poatan part 2

Rockhold-Boetsch is a good example imho. Utter perfection from Rockhold, his top game at that time was something else. It's on YT.

Kevin Jordan's performance against Gabe Gonzaga. Gives me goosebumps to this day.

you could argue fedor vs semmy schilt or randleman. he fought those pride juiced to gills monsters routinely and made it look like a cakewalk

GSP vs Hughes 2

It was a true changing of the guard not just for GSP but for a whole new era of fighters to be ushered in. Very monumental moment and great performanze from St. Pierre.

Random one, but TJ vs Barao was an incredible performance by TJ to win the belt.
Came to say this. TJ was relatively unknown before this, and people really dismissed him after losing to Assuncao. Barao looked unstoppable, "the 135 Aldo" people called him, then TJ just out classed him so hard.

I don't think so, he had no mobility from the start and unlike when he returned against Coleman, the knees simply never came back. If anything I think his training options were limited, not as simple to work your cardio with bum knees.

Shogun from that point on was a sloppy, plodding brawler when in the past he was a muay thai striker primarily known for his speed, knees and kicks as opposed to his hands.

It was a miracle that he was even coming back and competing at that level after 3 ACL tears, that's a real, real short list of athletes.
Shogun fought consistently following the Jones mauling and he was KOed and even beaten several times. HE WAS NEVER BEATEN LIKE THAT AGAIN. He was never beaten like that prior. This is greasy hate lol

As much as I was not a fan of GSP, Jon Fitch was 21-1-1 in a near 9 year span and he absolutely looked like he didn't belong in the same universe as GSP when they fought. Fitch could have been a long time defending champion and yet Georges absolutely humiliated him in a flawless victory
It just showed how many levels GSP was above that division.

Conor vs Alvarez was about as sustained and lopsided a beating as I've ever seen a champion take.

Jones versus Shogun and Anderson versus Franklin would be my two and three.

In terms of just appearing to be on another level I'd say Connor versus Aldo. Aldo was champ for a decade and looked straight up unbeatable going into that fight. If there was a soul alive that bet on him losing by KO in the first 30 seconds I'd be astonished. But in my opinion there wasn't enough there to be a "performance".

Came to say this. TJ was relatively unknown before this, and people really dismissed him after losing to Assuncao. Barao looked unstoppable, "the 135 Aldo" people called him, then TJ just out classed him so hard.
EPO Dillasnake violated Barao so hard he proceeded to go 2-8 in his next 10!

Silva v Forrest
Cruz v Neck tat
Aldo v Edgar
Islam v Charles

I don't count the Shogun v JbJ fight as an all time performance cuz
A. Shogun came into the fight with a torn ACL iirc
B. Jones raked his eyes so many times
I know Shogun's knees were shot, but I think that jumping switch knee that Jones caught him with to start the fight was the beginning of the end.

Shogun put on a good poker face but he never seemed like he had his feet under him.

TJ vs Barao was a special one, at that time Barao was invincible, no one thought TJ could beat him and he was not the number 1 Contender. TJ ended up not just beating Barao, but outclassed him.

As much as I was not a fan of GSP, Jon Fitch was 21-1-1 in a near 9 year span and he absolutely looked like he didn't belong in the same universe as GSP when they fought. Fitch could have been a long time defending champion and yet Georges absolutely humiliated him in a flawless victory
This, and the Sean Sherk fight
Sean is an all-time great, GSP took him down so hard and smashed him good with elbows.

Back