Best MMA wrestler?

vertical_leap

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Who is currently the best MMA wrestler? Jon Jones? Daniel Cormier? DJ? Khabib?

If he comes back I still think GSP is the best mma wrestler

Jones obviously.

No matter who he wrestles against ... they will eat a ton of kicks and knees to the body before they can clinch with him thus they will be weakened prior to grappling him.

Jones obviously.

No matter who he wrestles against ... they will eat a ton of kicks and knees to the body before they can clinch with him thus they will be weakened prior to grappling him.

That has fuck all to do with wrestling ability.

The answer is Yoel Romero. To my knowledge no one else has an Olympic wrestling medal.

Bones I Think he has taken down everyone one he fought against!

The answer is Yoel Romero. To my knowledge no one else has an Olympic wrestling medal.

yeah yoel is a crazy motherfucker^^ one of the guys you would not want to meet in a street fight. i would rather fight jones/dc or lesnar ... haha
<{1-11}>

Jones has the best if you factor in how good he is at getting off knees, elbows etc. in the clinch and busting your face open with elbows on the ground. He doesn't have to stalk his opponent down and expose himself on the feet in order to engage in the clinch.

I don't know about pure wrestling - maybe Khabib or Yoel - but "MMA Wrestling"? Jones.

Who is currently the best MMA wrestler? Jon Jones? Daniel Cormier? DJ? Khabib?
Depends on the type of wrestling we are talking about here. Offensive wrestling? I would have to put GSP, khabib, and maybe Jon Jones up there. As far as defensive wrestling; Tyron Woodley, and again Jon Jones since nobody can ever take these two down or control them at all.

The most underutilized one is Cody Garbrandt. His striking is so good he never had the opportunity to show his wrestling skills off.

Yoel is definitely the best credentialed wrestler in the UFC. But I think what the TS is asking is, who implements the best in the UFC?. The answer to this could also very easily be Yoel. We have just never seen him come in with a wrestling heavy gameplan.

Back