Best Martial Arts movie eva?

Hard to kill definitively.

I loved Crouching Tiger too. I was jumping off of roofs for weeks after that movie trying to fly.

how dare you, i thought it was obvious

its Kickboxer 2

91AOLE6HimL._SL1500_.jpg

I liike how they later tacked on "from the writer of Blade II" to a film that came out almost a decade before Blade II.

SPL with Donny Yen, Sammo Hung and Wu JIng

For some reason I can watch Best of the Best at any time, start to finish.

Best of the Best is a damn good movie that deserves more credit than its gotten over the years. I still go back and watch it every so often and am surprised just by how well-made it is.

Best of the Best is a damn good movie that deserves more credit than its gotten over the years. I still go back and watch it every so often and am surprised just by how well-made it is.

The Sally Kirkland role diminishes the movie by almost one full star.

1 Bloodsport
2 Out for justice
3 Kickboxer
4 Above the law
5 Enter the dragon

You felt that character and her lines were a quality contribution to the film?

I'm not sure I have any strong feeling about it either way. But I do think the role made sense. I don't think they used the term in the movie, but she was the team's sports psychologist. JEJ was there to get them ready physically; she was there to get their mental game on point.

Not sure why you would want to deduct "one full point" because of her character.

Van damn, chuck, Sensei, old Kung fu theatre is all on the table.

I need top ten and why Out for justice is not your number one pick?

1.Out for justice Sensei. Pool hall vs sticks nuff said

2.Super Ninjas the choreography is insane

3.Enter the Dragon Bruce's nun chuk scene is quite possibly GOAT MA movie seen I'm just partial to sensei's fight with sticks

4.Bloodsport. Frank Dux irl bad ass motherfucker. beat chong li's ass blind

5.Mortal Combat looking at you shadow sneak

6.Ninja domination 3 supernatural ghost ninja babe passing orgasm off as possession

7.Marked for death. Mall scene is GOAT imo

8.chuck Norris invasion USA roundhouse kicks for terrorists fir over 2 hours

9.Hard to kill sensei wakes up after 15 years in a coma and starts laying Kelly lebrock and breaking bones

10.double impact van damn

who you got and why is 1 your 1?

8. The Big Boss
7. Fist of Fury (aka, The Chinese Connection)
6. Enter the Dragon
5. Kickboxer
4. Above the Law
3. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
2. Under Siege
1. Bloodsport

Bloodsport is my easy pick because there were so many bad ass fights in it with a seemingly impossible foe to defeat. Fantastic movie.

I'm not sure I have any strong feeling about it either way. But I do think the role made sense. I don't think they used the term in the movie, but she was the team's sports psychologist. JEJ was there to get them ready physically; she was there to get their mental game on point.

Not sure why you would want to deduct "one full point" because of her character.

The "idea" of such a character is all right. The execution in this particular movie was terrible.

I still like the movie though, for the most part.

The "idea" of such a character is all right. The execution in this particular movie was terrible.

Eh. . .

I really can't say she bothered me. Even in that scene you posted, what she's doing there is not outlandish. It's like the scene in Fight Club where Edward Norton retreats to his cave when his hand is burning.

I think that kind of shit is actually taught by legitimate psychologists.

Eh. . .

I really can't say she bothered me. Even in that scene you posted, what she's doing there is not outlandish. It's like the scene in Fight Club where Edward Norton retreats to his cave when his hand is burning.

I think that kind of shit is actually taught by legitimate psychologists.

Yeah, but did you believe for a second that what she was saying was helping him?

That assistant dude piping in at the end seemed legitimately more helpful.

Yeah, but did you believe for a second that what she was saying was helping him?

I mean, why not? I just rolled with the scene and trusted that the story was being told accurately.

Maybe you should explain exactly why you DIDN'T believe it, because I'm honestly a little puzzled here by what exactly the problem is.

She basically says, "Calm down and get your shit together. Get in the zone again." And he does.

Not counting samurai movies I'd say:

10. Blade
9. The Karate Kid
8. Fearless
7. Warrior
6. The Legend of Drunken Master
5. House of Flying Daggers
4. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
3. Kill Bill: Vol. 2
2. Kill Bill: Vol. 1
1. Hero

Hmmm... I forgot that you could count The Matrix, so that would be up there somewhere. Though, I'm not sure I'd count The Matrix.

Back