Best illusionist ever

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
Who would that be ?
Wiki has info about David Copperfield , who was recently accused of sexual misconduct- which he denies , as the most commercially successful magician in history - by Forbes.

But , most commercially successful ,doesnt have to mean his tricks were the the most mysterious and intruiging ones ever ,right ?

I vote for Paul Daniels. He had a prime-time show for 15 years in the UK which was essential viewing when I was growing up.

Also the lovely Debbie McGee made my peepee tingle before I knew what that meant.

39843308-9307569-image-a-83_1614457914153.jpg

I have to agree with Lewis,.. the christ illusion has been long and far reaching. Even genius level people believe in that idea yea? Human constructs.

Copperfield
Blaine
Angel
Penn an Teller
The dude in that netflix Street magic show is pretty good to.
Siegfried an Roy

Greatest showman of those is Copperfield, Sigfried and Roy, Penn and Teller.

Most all around talented I would say Blaine or Penn n Teller

Chris Angel is good but he's like a better showman than Blaine but you csn tell he's a few levels below Blaine in Skill. Blaine seems totally effortless. Angel is a basically a Blaine wanna be - he's still really good though.

What Siefried and Roy lacked in seemingly Magic skill they Made up for by creating the greatest show IMO in magic. I have seen all the magigcisns I listed live and by far SnR had the greatest entertainment value. I saw them in 92 at Mirage one of best shows o ever saw Magic or not. Granted I didn't see Copperfield till recently well out of his prime.

Last edited:
Who would that be ?
Wiki has info about David Copperfield , who was recently accused of sexual misconduct- which he denies , as the most commercially successful magician in history - by Forbes.

But , most commercially successful ,doesnt have to mean his tricks were the the most mysterious and intruiging ones ever ,right ?
Justin Trudeau. Convinced an educated population twice of his soundness to lead them, while actually being of below average intelligence.

Can't pick a single one but plastic surgeons. They can put you to sleep and when you wake up 'Tada I turned your weenie into a vagenie.'

Of course, 'best' is subjective.

I would argue that Houdini is the most influential illusionist.

Copperfield is the most commercially successful.

I could name 10 magicians/illusionists that have made significant contributions to the field:

• Doug Henning
  • Siegfried & Roy
  • Harry Blackstone Sr. and Jr.
  • Tommy Wonder (who happens to be my over-all favourite magician)
  • Jeff McBride
  • Lance Burton
  • Penn & Teller
  • The Pendragons
  • David Blaine
Among others.

Again, "best" is subjective. However, if I had to select the most influential "illusionist," distinct from the best "magician," my choice would undoubtedly be Harry Houdini.

His legacy has profoundly influenced nearly all magicians (myself included) and illusionists for almost a century (98 years, to be exact).

If I had to choose who I believe in the 'best' magician, then I would have to give that title to Dai Vernon for the same reason I would choose Houdini for the best illusionist.

Legacy.

Vernon is to close-up magic what Houdini is to illusions.

In fact, he fooled Houdini in 1922 at the Society of American Magician's convention in Chicago.

Harry said he couldn't be fooled, and they could solve any trick after three tries.

Dai did a fairly simple ambitious card routine (where a selected card repeatedly rises to the top of the deck) and after seven times, Harry still couldn't solve it.

Last edited:

I think that was one of the first yt videos I've seen , and also one of the most popular ones at that time
Since that video, its not an ilusion anymore that the real David Blane is Mitch Silpa lol
*Stop putting shit on our bodies David Blane"
<lol>

I think that was one of the first yt videos I've seen , and also one of the most popular ones at that time
Since that video, its not an ilusion anymore that the real David Blane is Mitch Silpa lol
*Stop putting shit on our bodies David Blane"
<lol>
Blaine is probably my favorite. No the greatest showman like DC, SnR, Penn, etc. But his skill and his I dont give a fuck demeanor get me

Back