Best Heavyweights currently outside of the UFC???

Lionheart7167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Mitrione, Ivanov, Fedor and Kharitonov. Who else is there? Been outta the loop for a minute

Id say Minakov.
Ivanov and Meathead as close second

Minakov.

HW's are weak everywhere. Might just be one of the ugliest time periods ever for quality HW's. A majority that matter are all over 30.

Goltsov (ACB)
Pavlovich (EFN)

LOL at Fedor. He is a can these days.

Minakov is the top dog but there are some good fighters out there. HW is always the most fun division for me.

Fedor and Kharitonov aren't anywhere close to the top of this list.

Blagoi Would love to see him fight dc. They are the same height 5'11

Minakov, Ivanov, Goltsov, Aliakbari, Pavlovich

1. Minakov
2. Ivanov
3. Mitrione
4. Golstov
5. Pavlovich

The UFC has 90% of the best fighters in the world, or at least that is what they want fans to believe. As we have seen with Strikeforce and WEC’s absorption into the UFC, it is obvious that there is significant talent outside of the UFC ranks.

I really can’t name a fighter that should merit special attention. Marcin Tybura was on the brink of that, but then he was finishing by Light Heavyweight prospect Stephan Puetz. Puetz does have a ton of potential, but he should stay at 205 for the time being. Tony Johnson and Alexander Volkov have significant questions as to their long-term potential. There are a couple of prospects on the rise in Russia, namely Evgeny Erokhin and Denis Goltsov. Both hold recent wins over former UFC veterans.

1. Minakov
2. Ivanov
3. Mitrione
4. Golstov
5. Pavlovich

In my opinion

1. Minakov
2. Goltsov
3. Ivanov
4. Pavlovich
5. Aliakbari

Going to put these guys ahead of Meathead, Meaty is solid and should have never been cut but he's fucking 39 (jesus christ he's fucking old) and never was anything special to begin with.

Goltsov, minakov (UFC should pick up)

mitrione ivanov (UFC may pick up if availiable)

papvlovich, shrytov(russian steroids), turkish steriods , Fedor and Kharitonov, Vera (all are untested to truly elite HWs, or even the guys mitrione and ivanov have beat)

Back