Best hand wraps? And good mouth guards.

Iowan

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Who makes the best handwraps? I just want 180" wraps. Or should I get 210" wraps from ringside? These are for Heavy Bag,sparring,and saving my hands they will be used with boxing gloves. And a mouth guard I tried the Lo Pro but hated it, the main thing is I don't want a thick mouth guard. Thanks for your insight.

I use ring to cage wraps for the most part. They do the job well.

Le Roy wraps are nice too.

I tried the ringside wraps, wasn't a fan. So I sold all of them.

Now I use Rival and Hayabusa only.

ok thanks but what length? sparring,mitt work,and heavy bag

They do the trick for me. Idk, I just use what's available to hand. That tends to be R2C wraps. Sometimes Title and Ringside. I don't really notice a terrible difference.

What did you not like about the R2C wraps, iFossil?

No, I never get to try any R2C, only the Ringside that I didn't like. And which is because they are too cotton like, not enough stretch. So when I wrap my hands I have a few edges like poping up, bunching up and sometimes too much tension when you make a fist if you haven't wrapped them perfectly.

No, I never get to try any R2C, only the Ringside that I didn't like. And which is because they are too cotton like, not enough stretch. So when I wrap my hands I have a few edges like poping up, bunching up and sometimes too much tension when you make a fist if you haven't wrapped them perfectly.
Oh, I misread.

Yeah, I have had some Ringside wraps that were pretty terrible quality. The QC is not good.

The R2C wraps are pretty consistent and have a very smooth feel compared to the typical mexican style wraps. I did have a pair of wraps that was stained with what looked like blood... haha, but I think it might have been dye. Because it doesn't come out and it has stayed red. If it were blood, it probably would have turned brown.

Yeah, the R2C looks like the type of pattern/material I normally use too, only being in the UK R2C aren't available unless paying 50 bucks shipping.

Even the Ringside wasn't easy to get, actually had to go through US Amazon paying all the custom and delivery to ship half way across the world. Thought I would like them so I ordered the 10 set package to ship in one go to make it worthy.

End up not liking them of course, due to the material.

Not so much QC issue, they were pretty good. By few edges like poping up. I mean like below

x3d7dZY.jpg

'Cause the material are so much thicker and stronger like cotton wraps. They don't really wrap your hands like bandages. Maybe after excessive amount of sweat and washing they will soften up better, but just easier to go with true mexican wraps.

----

Things is I really hate buying hand wraps, always hit or miss when you try a new brand. For around 5-10 bucks, unless you have like a 10 pair package, is never worth to return or sell if you don't like them. So I end up like 10 set of diferent brand wraps that I will never use sitting around the house...really annoy me..

Yeah, the R2C looks like the type of pattern/material I normally use too, only being in the UK R2C aren't available unless paying 50 bucks shipping.

Even the Ringside wasn't easy to get, actually had to go through US Amazon paying all the custom and delivery to ship half way across the world. Thought I would like them so I ordered the 10 set package to ship in one go to make it worthy.

End up not liking them of course, due to the material.

Not so much QC issue, they were pretty good. By few edges like poping up. I mean like below

x3d7dZY.jpg

'Cause the material are so much thicker and stronger like cotton wraps. They don't really wrap your hands like bandages. Maybe after excessive amount of sweat and washing they will soften up better, but just easier to go with true mexican wraps.

----

Things is I really hate buying hand wraps, always hit or miss when you try a new brand. For around 5-10 bucks, unless you have like a 10 pair package, is never worth to return or sell if you don't like them. So I end up like 10 set of diferent brand wraps that I will never use sitting around the house...really annoy me..
I hear you. I wrap it in a way that gets rid of the slack towards the end. So that hasn't been much of an issue for me. But I occasionally will use wraps that are thick like that. I do like thinner wraps as well.

With all this extra gear, it sounds like you might be able to open your own shop soon. Especially since it doesn't seem like this stuff is easy to come by where you are.

I hear you. I wrap it in a way that gets rid of the slack towards the end. So that hasn't been much of an issue for me. But I occasionally will use wraps that are thick like that. I do like thinner wraps as well.

With all this extra gear, it sounds like you might be able to open your own shop soon. Especially since it doesn't seem like this stuff is easy to come by where you are.

Yeah man, I am kinda having that eager inside me to invest hugely and open up my own onlline store, get those contact with R2C, Ringside, Rival, TU, Uma, Everlast etc and stock up massively all those sweet gloves to sell in the EU. It has been killing me almost nothing is available in the UK or EU.

Most importantly in that case I have all the excuses in the world to own every good gloves at a fair price.

Small market, too risky though.

The older Ringside wraps I bought in 2010 were my favorite ever. I recently bought a set of Ringside wraps a few months ago only to be SORELY disappointed in their quality. They're not nearly as good now. Feelsbadman.

I recently bought the Venum Challenger mouth guard and I will say for 14 bux, I like it a lot. I like it more than my shock doctor.

I really like the Rival handwarp. Like the others said, Ringside are pure crap.

Yeah, I mostly use Rival, they are really nice, but now they all look and feel different to how they are at brand new state (meaning they aren't too durable to stay perfect for a long time), still very usable though.

Thanks ill look at rival and ring to cage. how about venum? 4 meter is only 150".

I like Winning VL-Bs, but after you wash them you have to spend like twenty minutes flattening them and rolling them.

Fairtex were too stretchy and constricting IMO. Couldn't get the same balance.

The cheapo ProImpact is pretty much the exact same as Ringside and Title. Thicker.

Mouth guard - the lightest one is probably the Sisu.
I cannot and would not recommend the SISU mouth guards. They are hard plastic and IMO not suitable for contact sports. I used it for one class, and tossed it after.

I am currently using a mouthguard from Impact Mouthguards. I had the Boxing model at first. It was small enough to easily breath, and speak while wearing. For my second mouthguard I went with the Ju Jit Su guard. It is slightly thinner. I practice Muay Thai and in class most of the students wear 14/16oz gloves, so I was willing to sacrifice some protection for additional comfort. I tried generic $5 Target mouthguard, and Shock Doctor guards nothing fit like a custom molded, even though the boil and bites claim they do. Also worth checking out is Gladiator Guards, they frequent this forum as well, so if you have questions you can always ask.

As for hand wraps I like Hayabusa wraps, not their new Perfect Stretch 2. The Perfect Stretch 2 has a very long and bulky velcro that doesn't fit my wrist well. Their old hand wraps have a smaller velcro, yet very secure. The older wraps seem to be discontinued now, so if someone has a source for them please let me know!

Fair enough on the SISU - I have one that I used for light sparring, but I bought a custom and then remolded the SISU for my bottom teeth to have dual protection when playing rugby or smokers.

I'd generally agree that it is too light. Lots of people use Shock Doctor and it isn't custom, but it seems like it would work.

Back