Best Fights in Dream

Bombe'

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Does anyone out there know if there was ever a list of the best fights in DREAM? Top 10 or something like that. A friend of mine in Japan recently sent me a dvd collection of every DREAM show (including the relevant Dynamite!!'s) and I was wondering of there was a list or something to tell me what fights to focus on first, etc.

Nah, they didn’t have a deep list. They had a lot of good fighters but mostly fast fights.

We could probably make a great list of DREAM finishes.

Best fights though...Off the top of my head

I’d recommend the

Eddie Alvarez vs. Joachim Hansen
Eddie Alvarez vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
Shinya Aoki vs. Gesias Calvancante 2

Mayhem Miller vs Jacare Souza 1

Kazushi Sakuraba vs Zelg Gelesic.
A personal favorite. Something so depressing suddenly becoming so awesome.

Watch any Mousasi fight in Dream. He was a fucking killer

Imanari vs Cullum
Tokoro vs Cullum
Tokoro vs Wannabe

Dynamite 2008 was the end year Show and it was amazing live

Mousasi vs Musashi, Mousasi rapes a Japanese K-1 legend. Crowd is on his side

Manhoef vs Hunt, late replacement Manhoef is the first person to clean KO hunt in any competition and he does it with one punch

Bob Sapp vs Muslebomber: It was crazy and Bob fought like a
lion..He really must have hated muscle bomber

Also overeem knocked out Badr Hari..

watching it live it was the best event for sure in the DREAM era

Also, Minowaman vs Soko was a super fight to watch live. The final of the super hulk Tournament.

Nah, they didn’t have a deep list. They had a lot of good fighters but mostly fast fights.

We could probably make a great list of DREAM finishes.

Best fights though...Off the top of my head

I’d recommend the

Eddie Alvarez vs. Joachim Hansen
Eddie Alvarez vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
Shinya Aoki vs. Gesias Calvancante 2

Mayhem Miller vs Jacare Souza 1

Kazushi Sakuraba vs Zelg Gelesic.
A personal favorite. Something so depressing suddenly becoming so awesome.

Decent list. You know they were good fights when you remember them and haven't watched them in years.

Aoki vs. Nagashima in the mixed bout was funny/entertaining as well.

Just about every Hideo Tokoro fight in DREAM was great. The fight with Abel Cullum's considered the best of 'em, and arguably the greatest fight in DREAM's short history. His fight with Dice-K was also great; one of the most back-and-forth, fast-paced grappling wars ever.
Eddie Alvarez' fights with Joachim Hansen and Tatsuya Kawajiri were both considered FOTY contenders in 2008.
Aoki's second fight with JZ Cavalcante (in his prime, no less) was also interesting to watch. It's more for people who're fans of grappling than of just fights, but it's great to watch in that sense. They were both two of the most dangerous grapplers in the world on opposite ends of the spectrum; Aoki with methodical submissions and guard-passing, JZ with probably some of the most devastating ground-'n-pound ever seen in this sport's history and a very good submission game of his own (he's the only guy to submit Rani Yahya-- a weight-class up, but still, submitting a Mundials champion's a great accomplishment no matter what.) JZ also gave Masato a competitive fight in kickboxing, so he was viewed as even more of a terrible matchup for Aoki. But the way Shinya dealt with all that was really interesting, and he even showed a lot of heart at one point in the fight (a lot more than his detractors would ever say he has.)
Joachim Hansen's fight with Kotetsu Boku was a very underrated fight. Boku's boxing skills were on full display as were Joachim's grappling skills and punching power.
Kazuyuki Miyata's fights were fun if you like suplexes. They were kind of eh outside of that, though, unless you're a fan of the deeper intricacies of the wrestlefucking style.
Sakuraba-Galesic was great. And Sakurai-Baroni was fun.
Lion Takeshi and Hiroyuki Takaya's knockouts were also great.

Back