"Best fighter in the world" "baddest man on the planet"

I've always find it weird when fighters in the UFC get labeled as "baddest man on the planet" or "best fighter in the world" etc.

It's just obviously stupid. There are more than 7 billion people on the planet while there about 500 fighters signed to the UFC at any given moment. What are the chances that anyone on the UFC's 500 man roster is actually the best fighter of the 7 billion people on earth?

The UFC/MMA does not have a monopoly on bad asses. You don't think there are some dudes in prison who have been locked up for years and training everyday just to survive who would fuck shit up in a fight? What about the monsters in the NAVY seals or members of any special forces around the world? What about fighters from south east Asia who fight on the streets? I could go on all day.

I understand the UFC has to promote their fighters but it just makes me cringe.
I always laugh when I hear Americans use the word bad like "baddest man on the planet"

Cos like surely Isis would be "baddest"

But they use bad to mean best! It's wierd

I've always find it weird when fighters in the UFC get labeled as "baddest man on the planet" or "best fighter in the world" etc.

It's just obviously stupid. There are more than 7 billion people on the planet while there about 500 fighters signed to the UFC at any given moment. What are the chances that anyone on the UFC's 500 man roster is actually the best fighter of the 7 billion people on earth?

The UFC/MMA does not have a monopoly on bad asses. You don't think there are some dudes in prison who have been locked up for years and training everyday just to survive who would fuck shit up in a fight? What about the monsters in the NAVY seals or members of any special forces around the world? What about fighters from south east Asia who fight on the streets? I could go on all day.

I cringe a bit too but also see where they are coming from. They are the "badest man on the planet"......of the men who put themselves forward.

You cannot claim to be the "badest man on the planet" if your sitting at home eating pot noodles watching UFC on the tv and saying "I'd fuck that dude up"

Also off the 500 fighters on the roster they are more likely to be some of the best hand to hand fighters as its what they eat, sleep and breath all day every day. Your prison bad asses are locked up half the day and eating rations. Your navy seals are training all sorts of stuff, not just fighting full time. Your street fighters prob aren't taking it as seriously either!

Brock IS a badass motherfucker though.

similar to the ufc declaring their champion as the world champion.

buffer follows this script to a t:

"ufc (insert weight class) champion of the world."

champion of the ufc? yes. champion of the world? no.

Wasn't there a "Soldiers vs. MMA Fighters" show that came up some years ago?

And you forgot about the Shaolin Monks in China and the snake catchers in India and the Lion Hunters who in Africa. And of course theres Tarzan!!!

No no , these dumb UFC fighters don't stand a chance.

ridiculous these 7 mil have to actully fight to be even considered or otherwise they are just random people

similar to the ufc declaring their champion as the world champion.

buffer follows this script to a t:

"ufc (insert weight class) champion of the world."

champion of the ufc? yes. champion of the world? no.

every promotion does the same. cry about it.

"yo can they beat khal drogo tho??"

No. I don't think there are people in prison or in the military or caves who can beat the top UFC fighters. There is a reason they are at the top of the biggest mma organisation in the world. Military men spend most of their time with weapons and tactics and shit. Mma fighters are entirely hand to hand combat.

That claim to fame is as old as boxing. The HW champ was always " the baddest man on the planet ".

Do I believe it's true, no. Do I care enough to bitch about it, no.

And right now the P4P is 125 lbs. You can't please everyone.

That claim to fame is as old as boxing. The HW champ was always " the baddest man on the planet ".

Do I believe it's true, no. Do I care enough to bitch about it, no.

And right now the P4P is 125 lbs. You can't please everyone.

P4P is just bullshit.... same as rankings and everything like that. Its just opinions and everyone has one. MM is a great fighter no doubt but he didn't even look good fighting at distance with Cejudo. But as always he himself noticed that in a second and adapted and took the fight in close and was able to finish it really fast. When it comes to adapting his tactics he sure is the best in the world no doubt.

Personally i think Jones is the best fighter P4P right now he is more well versed and never really looks bad in any position. He did look gassed in this last performance even thou he dominated but i am sure he will fix that for his next fight. And yes without a doubt the best fighters in the world are in the UFC. They train all martial arts almost everyday.... ofcourse there are people who are better in one sport like Karate or Muay Thai but as a complete fighter you wont find any one better outside of UFC.

An average street fighter is going to get destroyed against your average trained Combat fighter. An elite street fighter is going to get destroyed against an elite combat fighter.... as far as prison goes, you cant get the same training, diet or regiment.

What are you talking about?
These guys in the UFC train day in and day out. It is their life.
Jeff out in New Jersey who used to fight every day after school would get waxed.

This is also why Special Forces training and Kung Fu are useless in the cage, but fucking brutal in a fight where you really want to survive (almost all eye gouges, neck strikes, small joint manipulation, etc...). Also, if spikes to the back of the head/neck were legal, how many people would go for a single/double?

This was famously illustrated by Bruce Lee, when he bit someones achilles tendon to get out of an arm bar in some movie. I'd easily trade a broken arm for a destroyed achilles.

Brandon Wolff, former US Navy Seal, MMA record 7 wins 6 losses

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Wolff

Baddest is bad grammar as well. My friends and I always sneer at each, swirl our cognacs, and laugh when we hear that.

Wasn't there a "Soldiers vs. MMA Fighters" show that came up some years ago?

And you forgot about the Shaolin Monks in China and the snake catchers in India and the Lion Hunters who in Africa. And of course theres Tarzan!!!

No no , these dumb UFC fighters don't stand a chance.
So, the women who catfish noodle, get no love here?

contrarian hipster nutfleas who say otherwise.

Good fight happens and "i guess thats what passes for a good fight these days but i seen a better fight on cage death in 1987"

or

"lol these are d level athletes at best,bowlers are more badass,cos..its been around longer"

UFC hype machine, they make brainless people believe anything
Who is the baddest man on tbe planet then? An unskilled tough, fat prisoner who can't even beat a Cruiserweight boxer? An army guy who's only good with weapons? A caveman? The average Joe? Lool Stop being such a hater!

Back