Best 'Ending Scenes' in movie history?

Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

That was a lie. They had to ransom themselves out. Those who couldn't pay were sold into slavery. That movie sucked. I'm a history nerd and it was hard to watch so much be so wrong all the time

Well, he was a bit sympathetic and open for a compromise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_(1187)

At the end of September, Balian rode out with an envoy to meet with the sultan, offering surrender. Saladin told Balian that he had sworn to take the city by force, and would only accept an unconditional surrender.[11] Saladin told Balian that Saladin's banner had been raised on the city wall, but his army was driven back. Balian threatened that the defenders would destroy the Muslim holy places, slaughter their own families and the 5000 Muslim slaves, and burn all the wealth and treasures of the Crusaders.[12] Saladin, who wanted to take the city with as little bloodshed of his fellow Muslims as possible, insisted that the Crusaders were to unconditionally surrender but could leave by paying a ransom of ten dinars for men, five for women and two for children; those who couldn't pay would be enslaved. Balian told him that there were 20,000 in the city who could never pay that amount. Saladin proposed a total of 100,000 dinars to free all the 20,000 Crusaders who were unable to pay. Balian complained that the Christian authorities could never raise such a sum. He proposed that 7,000 of them would be freed for a sum of 30,000 dinars, and Saladin agreed.

American psycho.
Even the author doesn't know if it's real or not

American psycho.
Even the author doesn't know if it's real or not

The film ending is good, but the book ending is one of my favs of all time
Someone has already taken out a Minolta cellular phone and called for a car, and then, when I'm not really listening, watching instead someone who looks remarkably like Marcus Halberstam paying a check, someone asks, simply, not in relation to anything, "Why?" and though I'm very proud that I have cold blood and that I can keep my nerve and do what I'm supposed to do, I catch something, then realize it: Why? and automatically answering, out of the blue, for no reason, just opening my mouth, words coming out, summarizing for the idiots: "Welll, though I know I should have done that instead of not doing it, I'm twenty-seven for Christ sakes and this is, uh, how life presents itself in a bar or in a club in New York, maybe anywhere, at the end of the century and how people, you know, me, behave, and this is what being Patrick means to me, I guess, so well, yup, uh..." and this is followed by a sigh, then a slight shrug and another sigh, and above one of the doors covered by red velvet drapes in Harry's is a sign and on the sign in letters that match the drapes' color are the words THIS IS NOT AN EXIT.

tumblr_inline_o5sqfzIs231sqw2t1_500.gif

Once Upon A Time In The West the finale and reveal are incredible.

Recently watched Upgrade, loved the ending.

Scent of a Woman.

"No I'm just getting warmed up...."

It's still ransom and it was good of him to pet them go. But in this SJW era I'm surprised but not surprised he gets such a pass.
Well...what did the Christians did when they took over Jerusalem? Where there options like ransom and shit?

I Kill Giants,
Don’t want to post it but the final battle seen in that movie murders my feels every time.

Well...what did the Christians did when they took over Jerusalem? Where there options like ransom and shit?
There is that. Massive difference though in situations. The crusaders were a wild drinking party that was essentially millions of miles from home, starving and attacked on all sides for years. While Saladin had the luxury of operating from clawed bases of operations. Guy could afford to be grateful. The crusaders couldn't, they were also in it for revenge. The West had been on the wrong side if Islam's aggression for several hundred years. Which included pilgrims being killed, their holy sites destroyed and so on.
Not a he did she did situation. As Saladin was the exception rather than the rule

There is that. Massive difference though in situations. The crusaders were a wild drinking party that was essentially millions of miles from home, starving and attacked on all sides for years. While Saladin had the luxury of operating from clawed bases of operations. Guy could afford to be grateful. The crusaders couldn't, they were also in it for revenge. The West had been on the wrong side if Islam's aggression for several hundred years. Which included pilgrims being killed, their holy sites destroyed and so on.
Not a he did she did situation. As Saladin was the exception rather than the rule
And that is why Saladin was awesome.

One of my favourites I saw at a movie theatre:

He also had an escape camel. Dude rolled out and got away from the crusaders on a racing camel. That was a very cobra commander like move there
While screaming "Curse you! You've never seen the last of me!"

Back