Best damn pride tribute video ive seen

If Bellator ever wants to get bigger than the UFC all the need to do is get some cameras on the refs, fight in a ring and allow kicks/stomps to grounded opponents

Lights will guide you home, and then the camera is showing me landing a flying punch on a customer like Shogun/Lil Nog.

Pride was the shit. Won't be another promotion like that again.

<mma1>

Holy shit. How did I never know this story until now.

And he was scheduled to fight Matt Serra in PRIDE?

Mind blown.
I read it back in the day i believe from a Eduardo Alonso (Maia and Shogun manager) article on Black Belt Magazine, if i remember correctly, but i could be wrong.

Basically the guy was visited in the hospital, when he was half comatose, by those yakuza looking Pride bosses in suits and very prostrating they gave him a briefcase full of cash to stay quiet and not making it a big deal.
Looking back he would have asked a lot more because he had his whole body burned and serious complications, but he was not lucid.

Old highlight videos were what turned me from a casual fan to an addict.

the openweight gp final intro will always be the best

I know its old
But I just remembered

Tbh i cried

About a third of those POV vids were from my old coach at Takada Dojo, Minoru Toyonaga. He was one of the best refs during the kakutougi boom. Still is, but in smaller shows these days.

Wish i could just fight every customer i get angry with soccer kicking them and shit while this music is playing

Believe it or not, there's a promotion here in Tokyo called Tribelate where there play music the entire length of each round. My buddy fought in it a couple of times and said it's super annoying.

Pride was the shit. Won't be another promotion like that again.

<mma1>

They're trying with RIZIN. I'm hoping it becomes a worthy successor to PRIDE. They definitely have the same showmanship.

wjsw0.jpg

Yea, Boondock made epic HL vids.

May you never die, my friend.

Back