Best Boxer for the UFC

Beta Wolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Help me settle a debate. Say that you could take any boxer from history, and have him train MMA within the UFC rules from a young age instead of training boxing. Considering their bodies, physiques, reflexes, chins, work ethics, etc., which boxer would do the best in his weight class?

Charlie Zelenoff can become UFC champion with two weeks training.

This scenario is so farfetch'd I should slap you with a leek.

Willie Pep

Cruz made his career off that blueprint. Footwork, durability, speed and cardio for days.

Tommy Morrison

IgnorantFlatBrahmancow.gif

Last edited:
Willie Pep

Cruz made his career off that blueprint. Footwork, durability, speed and cardio for days.

Pep or Charley Burley. Fighting either of those guys, eesh. You call Dillashaw a snake? Try hitting one of those fuckers reliably.

Lomachenko, GGG and Ward.

GGG already got some wrestling training, Loma too. PLus their styles would work well in mma. Imagine GGG stalking you and cutting you off and landing a massive right without boxing gloves. Yikes.

Ward because he's one of the smartest fighters ever. He would dominate MMA too with that fight iq of his.

Willie Pep

The problem for Pep in MMA is clinching and dirty fighting in close, Sandy Saddler beat him 3 times by roughing him up in tight and against the ropes. While it will won't be easy to get a hold of him in the octagon, it can be done since he doesn't have the punching power to scare off opponents and once someone gets the clinch on him it's bad news.

Me? I'm gonna take Samart Payakaroon. Held the WBC belt in boxing along with being one of, if not the all time great in Muay Thai. Excellent distance control, slick as fuck footwork & defence, and incredible vision & creativity in the ring. Give him a year of takedown & grappling defence and he wrecks everyone in the lower weight divisions.

Back