Best Belly Pad, Price not an Issue

Cheap Shot

I've been a member long enough to get a title...
@Green
Reaction score
Hey all!

Need to invest in a solid belly pad. I can spend top dollar or bottom of the barrel as long as it offers solid protection.

I don't want a full body shield. Aside from being a challenge to put on and take off, they limit my mobility when I'm feeding mitts.

I was thinking Winning: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/boxing/item/378182/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_en

But I'm down for trying anything that someone recommends.

Let's hear it!

if money is really not an issue, I'd get the fairtex with the lowkick pads (assuming you're doing a sport with lowkicks).

160057_tp3_thigh_pads_thai.jpg

if money is really not an issue, I'd get the fairtex with the lowkick pads (assuming you're doing a sport with lowkicks).

160057_tp3_thigh_pads_thai.jpg

I dont even know where to start on that atrocity lol

Boon has always been my favorite

+1 on the Boon belly pads!!! Or you could just eat a helluva lot of food and create a natural belly pad :D

Haha! I'm 155 at about 5'11", so I'd have to eat a hell of a lot of food!

As for the low kick pads, I've been a boxing coach for many years now, never even dabbled in anything else.

I've heard great things about the Boon belly pad, seems like a contender for sure. I really like the idea of a super compact belly pad that offers excellent side protection as well which is why I suggested the Winning.

Winning's coaching stuff has been hit or miss for me (love their air mitts, hate their micros) so I was hoping someone had tried their smaller belly pad.

Really appreciate the input guys, very ready to ditch the full trainer's vest!

I have had very good experience with the Twins Special belly pad; I like it even more than Fairtex's.

I dont even know where to start on that atrocity lol

Boon has always been my favorite
Those look stupid but they're actually pretty dope! A lot more practical and useful than I would have ever guessed before I used them (both as trainer and trainee).

Waaaaaay too bulky to do really any finesse work. Pain in the ass to put on and take off as well.

We use this one here: http://store.titleboxing.com/title-gel-body-protector.html

Had it for years, and it's protective enough, but just limits my mobility too much. Usually I ditch it and just offer up the back of my hand while wearing mitts for body work.

I really ant something that is far more compact, offers solid protection, and is easier to put on and take off by myself.

Haru: Thanks for the suggestion!

Have you looked at the new Rival one. I usually like Rival gear and the belly pad looks innovative (gimmicky, perhaps)

Forgot how much I loved the windy one till I picked it up the other day

Back