Bernie having more trouble with blacks.

carlos cadona

Opinions subject to change
Banned
Reaction score
Black people really don't like Bernie Sanders it seems and he's now run into more trouble with John Lewis shitting on his civil rights record. The blacks and SJWs on twitter seem to be eating it up and refusing to accept any criticism leveled at Lewis and attacking Sanders and his supporters. I'd say if there is any reason Sanders loses the nomination his lack of minority support would be it.
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2016/02/john-lewis-bernie-sanders-civil-rights
(sorry about motherjones, it was the best source I could find)

I hate to be that guy but there is another thread about this very topic on the front page of the war room. Also John Lewis once voted against Clinton's 1995 Crime Bill calling it one of the worst pieces of legislation to come out since the 1960s and now he supports Hillary, who spoke out for this crime bill. :rolleyes:

I don't understand why. Don't black people tend to like old white guys in charge of them?

Well f
I hate to be that guy but there is another thread about this very topic on the front page of the war room. Also John Lewis once voted against Clinton's 1995 Crime Bill calling it one of the worst pieces of legislation to come out since the 1960s and now he supports Hillary, who spoke out for this crime bill. :rolleyes:
Am I going blind or am I just stupid, because I don't see it.

If i was black, i also wouldn't trust anyone that was alive when slavery was still going down.

Sounds like Mr Lewis might be a little full of shit. 63-66 weren't exactly Hillary's prime civil rights years. hmm.

Black people really don't like Bernie Sanders it seems and he's now run into more trouble with John Lewis shitting on his civil rights record. The blacks and SJWs on twitter seem to be eating it up and refusing to accept any criticism leveled at Lewis and attacking Sanders and his supporters. I'd say if there is any reason Sanders loses the nomination his lack of minority support would be it.
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2016/02/john-lewis-bernie-sanders-civil-rights
(sorry about motherjones, it was the best source I could find)
And at the same time Huffpo recently featured Black writers who support Bernie . The well known civil rights icons also supported Hillary over Obama in 2008, saying that the Clintons did good things while Obama is just showed up.

Sounds like Mr Lewis might be a little full of shit. 63-66 weren't exactly Hillary's prime civil rights years. hmm.

hi Work Play,

no, that's true...those weren't the best years for Mrs. Clinton, in terms of advancing the cause of civil rights.

still though, the criticism establishment Democrats have directed at Mr. Sanders has been withering;

"We must have a president that understands the racial divide -- not someone who just acquired the knowledge recently, but someone who understands the racial divide and has lived it and worked through it down through the years," said Rep. G.K. Butterfield (D-N.C.), the CBC Chair, Thursday.

Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), the preeminent voice on civil rights in Congress, downplayed Sanders' involvement with the SNCC and the movement during the CBC PAC's press conference Thursday.

"I never saw him, I never met him. I was chair of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee for three years -- 1963 to 1966," he said.

Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) also criticized Sanders' record on gun control, saying he has been "not just been missing in action, he’s been on the wrong side."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-lewis-bernie-sanders_us_56bcb50ae4b08ffac1241f55?ue2n8kt9

on one hand, establishment support didn't help Mrs. Clinton much in Iowa, as her lead collapsed in the days heading up to the caucuses...and they definitely didn't help her in New Hampshire, where she was crushed.

these recent critiques of Mr. Sanders, though, are pretty pointed. i wonder if the rest of the black vote will follow the lead. if so, March could be a bad month for Mr. Sanders.

- IGIT

Blacks are going to vote democrat no matter what.

I only read the thread title. Did someone steal his TV or sumthin?

When a reporter asked Lewis to comment on Sanders' involvement in the movement—Sanders as a college student at the University of Chicago was active in civil rights work—the congressman brusquely interrupted him. "Well, to be very frank, I'm going to cut you off, but I never saw him, I never met him," Lewis said. "I'm a chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee for three years, from 1963 to 1966. I was involved in the sit-ins, the freedom rides, the March on Washington, the march from Selma to Montgomery, and directed their voter education project for six years. But I met Hillary Clinton. I met President Clinton."

All I can say is WOW!! He met Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton at March to Washington?

Because that is what he is inferring here.

Whether he met Sanders at these events is completely an absurd point to make. There are pictures of Sanders with MLK and others. Sanders was arrested protesting segregation.

To make these statements is..........WOW, just WOW!!

All I can say is WOW!! He met Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton at March to Washington?

Whether he met Sanders at these events is completely an absurd point to make. There are pictures of Sanders with MLK and others. Sanders was arrested protesting segregation.

hi HendoRuaGOAT,

Congressman Lewis' statements sound kind of idiotic.

i'm wondering what younger black folk, the ones under 40, will parse all of this. senior citizen feminists speaking out on behalf on Mrs. Clinton didn't seem to help her much in New Hampshire.

- IGIT

The war room sure likes to talk about black people a lot.

12718273_10153520734033042_2096341578162019623_n.jpg

12742723_10153904088402179_4239798429529440040_n.jpg

This is the same guy who didn't endorse Barack Obama in 2008. What a clown

Snopes says that the picture of Sanders with MLK is probably false. The rest of it should be verifiable.

Back