Benson Henderson showed reach is not everything

i care about who the best fighters are in each weight class. not who the best is if we normalized for all factors (which of course is impossible). if you rise to the top, you have advantages you utilize to your benefit.

JBJ's reach is immense. He is the only fighter than can "punch" with a fucking elbow (Rashad fight), for christ sake.

I know reach isn't the reason for his winning. He is deceptive as hell with his elbows. That is where he hurts people the most, the elbows. The reason I think that is because his long arms allow him to elbow people from angles that they never thought were possible. "WOW WTF HE CAN HIT ME FROM THERE?"

A great example of JBJ reach being unexpectedly long is when he sat on top of shogun at the end of a round and just looked back at Shogun's face and whacked him with his fist all the way from his feet. That was crazy, look at shogun's face it was like "Wow wtf? Nice one"

One thing I really really don't like what JBJ does... is he dangles his hand in front of his opponents face all the time. He can do it... why? because he is a mile away from them. the referees are getting tired of it too "WATCH THE FINGERS JONES" "WATCH THE FINGERS" "WATCH THE FINGERS" "WATCH THE FINGERS" "WATCH THE FINGERS" I want Big Jon McCarthy to ref all his fights.

Edit:
I guarantee you... if JBJ does his dumb ass Rashad Evans rip off of a crawl against Sonnen, he will be sorry for it. Sonnen wants him to do it. He will exploit that.

box_a_tyson_bruno_600.jpg

If you don't get it: of course reach isn't everything.

Back