Ben askren vs Jorge masvidal?

I would pick Askren, the guy who I want to see fight Askren is

Khabib Nurmagomedov. I can guess Askren would talk sh#$, and it would motivate Khabib a lot.

And I'd pick Khabib via having much better striking.

You guys will keep bringing Askren's past performances on Lima and 22 y.o. Koreshkov till the end of your days?? As if they were some examples of fighters with estellar TDD...

We have seen Maia taking down Kim, Story, Fitch, Nelson, Rory or choking out Sonnen among many others....while we have seen Askren struggling with the likes of Hieron or Sapo...

"Maia's TDs arent even close to Ben's"...lol, the fanboyism of some of you on these boards is off the charts with Askren, it really is.

I fucking hate Ben Askren, more than Woodley.

I fucking hate Ben Askren, more than Woodley.

But you would pick Askren, who barely beat Hieron, over Woodley lol

I like the Funky one, he is a smart guy and may be a top ten welter, but is crazy overrated on these boards. You say that you hate him, but you say you would pick him over any welter except Rory, and that's fucking silly

I like the Funky one, he is a smart guy and may be a top ten welter, but is crazy overrated on these boards. You say that you hate him, but you say you would pick him over any welter except Rory, and that's fucking silly

Yes I would. Woodley has been his bitch for 10+ years.

Look what Askren did to Lima and Koreshkov. He would mop the floor with Masvidal.

but you say you would pick him over any welter except Rory, and that's fucking silly

Not nearly as silly as thinking Ben wouldn't mop Masvidals ass.

Benson scored 3 takedowns on Masvidal and beat him in a close fight; Benson received a severe one sided beating and was helpless against Koreshkov.

Askren outstruck Koreshkov 248-3 and took him down at will. If you want to talk about someone upsetting The Funky one at least find someone with real TDD.

Tyron on his podcast said Ben askren is as strong as Damien maia but Ben has better wrestling than Damien but I don't like this thing where people on this thread act like Maia has shit takedowns? But imo askren beats masvidal and takes him down almost at will but I sure think Jorge would shrug off some of the takedowns but askren needs only one. And not to mention if you look at what I linked he's changed after the jay heiron fight Jorge would not be used to that folk style sorry but it is true.

imagine earnestly being a fan of a fighter as much of a waste of time and talent as Ben Askren

imagine earnestly being a fan of a fighter as much of a waste of time and talent as Ben Askren

No need to imagine; I stand here before you an earnest Askren fan and I can tell you that:
Its still a pretty good time.

I would pick Askren, the guy who I want to see fight Askren is

Khabib Nurmagomedov. I can guess Askren would talk sh#$, and it would motivate Khabib a lot.

And I'd pick Khabib via having much better striking.

And when Khabib wins by "much better strking," you know he's fighting someone with an awful stand-up game!

Look what Askren did to Lima and Koreshkov. He would mop the floor with Masvidal.

Everyone brings up these fights, but forgets Askren barely beat Jay Hieron..who then went to the UFC and got destroyed by several guys.

Not nearly as silly as thinking Ben wouldn't mop Masvidals ass.

Benson scored 3 takedowns on Masvidal and beat him in a close fight; Benson received a severe one sided beating and was helpless against Koreshkov.

Askren outstruck Koreshkov 248-3 and took him down at will. If you want to talk about someone upsetting The Funky one at least find someone with real TDD.

I didnt even sayd Masvidal would beat him. It would not be a walk in the park for Askren anyways, stop being such a fanboy, and bringing a win over 22 y.o. Koreshkov over and over again.

The most legit mma wrestler Askren has fought is Hieron and an official judge actually saw Askren losing that fight.

member: 510179" said:
I didnt even sayd Masvidal would beat him. It would not be a walk in the park for Askren anyways, stop being such a fanboy, and bringing a win over 22 y.o. Koreshkov over and over again.The most legit mma wrestler Askren has fought is Hieron and an official judge actually saw Askren losing that fight.

I agree bro but styles make fights heiron obviously did decent but he's not rubbish he fought Jake when Jake was a good fighter and lost a close decision round 1 and 2 where close and tyron punches real hard so it's just a mixture of styles IMO but thanks anyways.

Last edited:
Looks like Askren's got his next fight and it's against my dad, lol. Seriously though, 4 years of his prime wasted on scrubs---and "scrubs" is being generous. I'm one of his biggest fans but I can't pretend his career isn't a total letdown.

Maybe they can play up the "Return of the Champ" angle in Bellator's revitalized WW division.

Looks like Askren's got his next fight and it's against my dad, lol. Seriously though, 4 years of his prime wasted on scrubs---and "scrubs" is being generous. I'm one of his biggest fans but I can't pretend his career isn't a total letdown.

Maybe they can play up the "Return of the Champ" angle in Bellator's revitalized WW division.

Give him the winner of Larkin v Daley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back